Fixes for Uvirith's Legacy

Post about your mods, learn about OpenMW mod compatibility, check for problematic mods, discuss issues, and give us feedback about your experience with modded OpenMW.
Enkida

Re: Fixes for Uvirith's Legacy

Post by Enkida »

Hey all,

I was trying to backwards engineer where the badly named normal maps might have been affecting meshes in UL 3.53, and then I realized there were patches released on this forum. Derp.

Just in case these weren't caught in the patches, here's what I found on my own. Someone may want to cross check if any of the patches missed any of these textures / mesh edits:

normal map textures:
tx_uvi_potion_nm.dds
tx_t_symbol_stone_slim_nm.dds
tx_t_symbol_stone_nm.dds
tx_t_display_trim_nm.dds
tx_t_sign_telvanni_nm.dds
st_gold_strip_nm.dds

meshes I found needing editing in Nifskope:

Meshes/uvi/potion_alt.nif
Meshes/uvi/potion_conj.nif
Meshes/uvi/potion_dest.nif
Meshes/uvi/potion_illu.nif
Meshes/uvi/potion_myst.nif
Meshes/uvi/potion_opal.nif
Meshes/uvi/potion_rest.nif
Meshes/uvi/furn_telv_display_01.nif
Meshes/uvi/furn_telv_display_02.nif
Meshes/uvi/sign_telvanni.nif
Meshes/uvi/switch.nif
Meshes/uvi/switch_dark.nif

I know I didn't get all of them and I kind of hope all this information is redundant after the patches anyway, but just in case it isn't, that's what I found!
eddie5

Post by eddie5 »

Couple more hacked textures
Attachments
Ex_TL_sprout.zip
(61.75 KiB) Downloaded 411 times
kb_silver_ltr_opnr_02.zip
(4.79 KiB) Downloaded 408 times
elonin

Post by elonin »

Just installed the patch for openmw and UL and getting a missing dependency warning when i check on the patch. it is loaded after UL but the version is 3.53 instead of 3.51. Do I need to back up to 3.51? Is there a way to bypass this warning (some option in openmw launcher) or to update the patch to the new version for dependency?
havx

Post by havx »

elonin wrote: 19 Oct 2019, 13:46 Just installed the patch for openmw and UL and getting a missing dependency warning when i check on the patch. it is loaded after UL but the version is 3.53 instead of 3.51. Do I need to back up to 3.51? Is there a way to bypass this warning (some option in openmw launcher) or to update the patch to the new version for dependency?
Launch OpenMW-CS, select "Edit A Content File", ensure the following content files are selected and arranged in the order below:

Code: Select all

Morrowind.esm, Tribunal.esm, Bloodmoon.esm, Uvirith's Legacy_3.53.esp, and UL_3.5_OpenMW_1.2_Add-on.omwaddon
Select "open", and once it's finished loading simply save it. The new file will be saved to this directory on Windows

~\Documents\My Games\OpenMW\Data\
The updated patch file will now be synced with and dependent on v3.53. If you haven't already I recommend "cleaning" the main Uvirith esp file with tes3cmd or TESTool before doing any of the above.
havx

Post by havx »

I've updated Xandros' add-on with new fixes, bumping the version to 1.3; taking into account the meshes and textures noted in this thread as well as other issues I found. I can't seem to get the file to upload to this forum (perhaps 3MB is too large for it) so I'm going to share it from my Mega account for now:

UL_3.5_OpenMW_1.3_Add-on.7z

Changelog:
-----
v1.3:
-----
Fixed dependency error
    - synced addon file with Uvirith's Legacy v3.53

Sorkvild the Raven 
    - hair was changed from 'b_n_nord_m_hair01' to 'b_n_nord_m_hair_E2' in the mod
    - that new body part doesn't exist so I reverted the hair back to 'b_n_nord_m_hair01'

Skeleton Barrie
    - hair body part 'b_n_skel_uvi_m_hair_01' doesn't exist
    - so I added the body part 'b_n_skel_uvi_m_hair_01' ; pointing to ".\Meshes\bb\b_n_skel_uvi_m_hair_01.nif"
    - which is just the 'B_N_Breton_M_Hair_00.NIF' mesh with the primary ninode flag set to hidden so that no hair is shown

Script DHM_Alchemy_App_Load & DHM_Alchemy_App_UnLoad
    - the "secret master" level apparatus checks will incorrectly remove/add "master" level apparati while all other checks use the matching level
    - edited the scripts to correctly remove/add "secret master" apparati if the player is carrying "secret master" apparati
    - this should fix the issue of hundreds/thousands of apparati appearing in the alchemy table when the player interacts with it

Lots of mesh and texture fixes
    - All meshes that were touched have been "cleaned" of orphaned child nodes and empty references
    - Unused texture layers disabled (such as for removed bump maps) and unused nodes removed
    - Pay particular attention to the changes to the AOF potions!!

.\Meshes\f\
    Furn_GlassDisplaycase_02.NIF
    - fixed NiAlphaProperty for glass, changed flag from 237 to 4845
    - no discernable visual change from 237 but 4845 is considered a "fixed" version of 237
    - 4845 is considered the correct flag to use with glass such as with a display case
    - should make the transparency uniform across these parts of the mesh

Removed the texture effect and bump map references for the following beds
        st_bed_dl02.nif
        st_bed_dl09.nif
        st_bed_dl11.nif
        st_bed_double_long.nif
        st_bed_r01.nif
        st_bed_r03.nif
        st_bed_r06.nif
        st_bed_r08.nif
        st_bed_r12.nif
        st_bed_dr04.nif
        st_bed_dr07.nif

.\Meshes\kb\
    kb_silver_ltr_opnr_02.nif
    - removed the texture effects and bump map references

.\Meshes\KRS\x\
    Ex_TL_sprout.nif
    - OpenMW supports glow maps so I'm including this mesh for anyone who may have downloaded a prior edited version which removed the glow maps
    - Cleaned up some orphaned references

.\Meshes\KRS\d\
    Ex_TL_door_slave.nif
    - removed bump map references

.\Meshes\m\
    AOF_potion_*
    - removed bump map references and fixed the NiAlphaProperty for the glass, changed flag from 235 to 4845
    - unlike the alpha flag change with the display case (237 to 4845)
    - going from 235 to 4845 does have a visual change and it's one that I strongly prefer
    - this makes the glass of the potions look like real glass and not some picture of scummy hard water stained faux glass of the original
    - included copies of the fixed meshes with the original alpha flag for those who want the "original" look of the glass

.\Meshes\mel\S\
    mel_chaise01_st.nif
    - removed texture effect

.\Meshes\overlays\
    ovr_*
    - disabled unused texture layers (glow map was enabled but no texture assigned)

.\Meshes\Phijama\
    _Phij_HQ_Dragonis.NIF
    - fixed NiAlphaProperty for the detail textures, changed from 237 to 4844
    - flag 237 was causing the center of the blade to be almost entirely transparent due to how Phijama used texture effects to compose the blade
    - while it's not perfect (still strobes like crazy) it does look much better than original unedited mesh

.\Meshes\UVI\
    UA_Tapestry_Telvanni_02.nif
    - fixed the main tapestry source texture reference as it was using an absolute path to "e:\data files\textures\"

UV_RitualFloor.nif
    - disabled unused texture layers (glow map was enabled but no texture assigned)

Removed bump map references for:
        furn_telv_display_01.nif
        furn_telv_display_02.nif
        in_t_platform.nif
        Light_DarkTelv_Brazier.nif
        Light_Telv_Brazier.nif
        potion_*.nif
        telvanni_coffer_01.nif
        telvanni_coffer_02.nif
        uvi_sign_telvanni.nif
        uvi_switch.nif
        uvi_switch_dark.nif

.\Textures\
    Renamed all relevant normal map textures to the appropriate/needed name; 
        aof_potion_glassnm.dds          >>  aof_potion_glass_n.dds
        aof_potion_stemnm.dds           >>  aof_potion_stem_n.dds
        aof_potion_topnm.dds            >>  aof_potion_top_n.dds
        nm_wood_swirlwood_strip_01.dds  >>  kw_wood_swirlwood_strip_01_n.dds
        nm_wood_swirlwood_trim_02.dds   >>  kw_wood_swirlwood_trim_02_n.dds
        st_gold_strip_nm.dds            >>  st_gold_strip_n.dds
        tx_t_display_trim_nm.dds        >>  tx_t_display_trim_n.dds
        tx_t_symbol_stone_nm.dds        >>  tx_t_symbol_stone_n.dds
        tx_t_symbol_stone_slim_nm.dds   >>  tx_t_symbol_stone_slim_n.dds

These normal maps can be used for textures that are a different color so I made a copy and renamed appropriately
        tx_t_sign_telvanni_nm.dds       >>  tx_t_sign_telvanni_n.dds & tx_t_sign_telvanni_red_n.dds
        tx_uvi_potion_nm.dds            >>  tx_uvi_potion_gold_n.dds & tx_uvi_potion_silver_n.dds

The normal map texture names for the letter opener start with "kb" and are located in '.\Textures\kb\'
    However, the diffuse texture names start with "tx" and are stored in '.\Textures\'
    So I copied the normal map textures to the root texture folder and renamed them
        kb_metal_silver_n.dds           >>  tx_metal_silver_n.dds
        kb_metal_silver_plate_01_n.dds  >>  tx_metal_silver_plate_01_n.dds
        kb_metal_silver_strip_02_n.dds  >>  tx_metal_silver_strip_02_n.dds

Lastly, for fun I added normal, height and specular map textures for some of the AOF potion textures
        AOF_potion_cork_n.dds
        AOF_potion_cork_nh.dds
        AOF_potion_cork_spec.dds
        AOF_potion_glass_spec.dds
        AOF_potion_top_nh.dds
        AOF_potion_top_spec.dds
        AOF_potion_twine_n.dds
        AOF_potion_twine_nh.dds
        AOF_potion_twine_spec.dds

-----
v1.2:
-----
The beds in the upper tower are less shiny

-----
v1.1:
-----
The ancient tomes are now usable
The book "Secrets of Dwemer Containment" now gives you the journal entry when read from the inventory, as well. Not just when read from the ground.
Similarly, the scroll you need to read to enchant the Bag of Holding can now be read from the inventory, as well

-----
v1.0:
-----
Inscription ritual can be activated by reading the scrolls
The beds in the lower tower are less shiny
Last edited by havx on 05 Sep 2022, 16:13, edited 9 times in total.
elonin

Post by elonin »

Thank you for the assist.
elonin

Post by elonin »

Not sure if this is UL or RoHT, but running both with the compatability Ipatch, and open MW. Not sure but i think BHL gave a journal entry for people who have difficulty planting the evidence in Orvas Dren's desk (for the quest to kill Vedem Dren). My first issue is even having trained sneak up to 40 and using the amulet of shadows I'm getting booted with a message stating "you sense someone noticing you and leave to avoid detection". Also journal entried past the next quest since i'm guessing it has the same condition (both require you to do the tasks unseen and apparently my skill isn't up to snuff). Have the journal entries and get the quest to talk to illumini dren (that entry states she's in ebonhart chamber). Vedem is still present and I can't find ilumini. the people in vivec mention her being in ebonhart. Since there isn't dialog from anyone mentioning him being dead i'm presuming there is a script that didn't trigger.
eddie5

Post by eddie5 »

Something must have changed recently about saving/load the scale of objects? The bag of holding does a getscale on the parent bag to see if a game's just been loaded (or 3 game days have passed for vanilla) and wants to re-instantiate the parent container if that seems necessary. This check used to pass - even when it would not have under vanilla (newly loaded game or 3+ days w/o reference). Now it fails like vanilla would, and requires you to teleport to the parent container but then the "teleport back to where you started" part does nothing. I didn't look into why that is, it was simpler to comment out the check and assume the instance is still there, which it is.
tl;dr: used to work flawlessly without the kludgy vanilla work-arounds. Now the kludge is unnecessarily called, but is half-broken...
akortunov

Post by akortunov »

eddie5 wrote: 09 Jan 2020, 22:55 Something must have changed recently about saving/load the scale of objects?
https://github.com/OpenMW/openmw/pull/2635
Xandaros

Post by Xandaros »

Oh wow, I had no idea people still used this thread. I just logged into this forum to send a PM and saw all the notifications.

I'm going to have a look at what changed with newer versions of UL and if any of the patches are now superfluous. I'll probably start with havx's version, which may have already done all the work for me :)

I'll then update the original post with whatever I come up with. (And figure out a way to give havx credit, should I use their version... which is very likely)

Do note that this might take a while, though.