Fixes for Uvirith's Legacy

Post about your mods, learn about OpenMW mod compatibility, check for problematic mods, discuss issues, and give us feedback about your experience with modded OpenMW.
lambda

Re: Fixes for Uvirith's Legacy

Post by lambda »

Since this is about UL, and I have a vague memory the problem is caused by openmw (but I may be wrong), might as well ask here.

There is an incompatibility between UL and House of Mannequins -- I think it makes the Upholsterer's shop unreachable. I read somewhere I already forgot that there is an "easy work around". Anybody knows what that workaround is? Or any workaround for that matter. Thanks in advance.
Jemolk

Post by Jemolk »

lambda wrote: 23 Jan 2020, 13:45 Since this is about UL, and I have a vague memory the problem is caused by openmw (but I may be wrong), might as well ask here.

There is an incompatibility between UL and House of Mannequins -- I think it makes the Upholsterer's shop unreachable. I read somewhere I already forgot that there is an "easy work around". Anybody knows what that workaround is? Or any workaround for that matter. Thanks in advance.
It's not exactly unreachable. Probably have to load UL after House of Mannequins. Walk up to the wall that got added by UL and jump. Something should trigger. And only one of the House of Mannequins doors has been covered, so you can get to both added places. Yes, it's weird, but they both extended the same spot for different things and different reasons, so unless someone wants to move one of them (the House of Mannequins would probably be the easier of the two), we're kinda stuck with it.
lambda

Post by lambda »

Jemolk wrote: 06 Feb 2020, 02:42 Yes, it's weird, but they both extended the same spot for different things and different reasons, so unless someone wants to move one of them (the House of Mannequins would probably be the easier of the two), we're kinda stuck with it.
Is this something doable in current openmw-cs? When it regards to modding, I have only dealt with things like dialog, items and spells, not graphical stuff like moving doors around. And since I am on linux, the vanilla CS has some graphical glitches and I find its UI absolutely horrible, so I am avoiding it like the plague. But if it is doable, I just might brace myself and take a shot at it.
Jemolk

Post by Jemolk »

lambda wrote: 09 Feb 2020, 00:47
Jemolk wrote: 06 Feb 2020, 02:42 Yes, it's weird, but they both extended the same spot for different things and different reasons, so unless someone wants to move one of them (the House of Mannequins would probably be the easier of the two), we're kinda stuck with it.
Is this something doable in current openmw-cs? When it regards to modding, I have only dealt with things like dialog, items and spells, not graphical stuff like moving doors around. And since I am on linux, the vanilla CS has some graphical glitches and I find its UI absolutely horrible, so I am avoiding it like the plague. But if it is doable, I just might brace myself and take a shot at it.
Should be, yeah. Probably the easiest thing is to move the House of Mannequins to a different canton. You'd want to add the hallway tile in the equivalent spot, move the wall down to the end of it, and add doors that are exact copies of the ones that currently exist to the new location. Pretty near a copy-and-paste job, really. Swicthing the doors actually wouldn't be graphical at all. You'd need to edit the door instances inside the mannequin shop to change where they teleport you to by updating the coordinates and cell name. And probably remove the originals, of course, but that's easy enough. Just extended revert the House of Mannequins changes to the cell you moved it from, and that's taken care of. Assuming you're editing the original House of Mannequins plugin, that is.
jamerkane34

Post by jamerkane34 »

To anyone still having problems with the teleportation and levitation disabling, here's a little fix that I made:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=15epmt ... noYOV6qzPa

Basically what happens is, when you enter a certain cell(like the High Security Prison), an activator runs this particular script:
Begin Uvi_TeleportBan_Act_Lev
;local activator to disable teleportation and levitation

If ( uvi_teledisable != 1 )
DisableTeleporting
DisableLevitation
Set uvi_levban to 1
If ( cdc_teleportation < 0 )
Set cdc_teleportation to ( cdc_teleportation -1 )
Elseif ( cdc_teleportation > 0 )
Set cdc_teleportation to -1
Endif
Set uvi_teledisable to 1
EndIf

End

But there's no script that resets the global variables back to 0 when you exit the cell cos' there was no need to back in vanilla Morrowind, but OpenMW doesn't reset it somehow so what I did was just reverse stuporstar's script to enable teleport and levitation:

Begin Uvi_TeleportAllow_Act_Lev
;local activator to enabe teleportation and levitation

If ( uvi_teledisable != 0 )
EnableTeleporting
EnableLevitation
Set uvi_levban to 0
If ( cdc_teleportation != 0 )
Set cdc_teleportation to ( cdc_teleportation 0 )
Set cdc_teleportation to 0
Endif
Set uvi_teledisable to 0
EndIf

End

I then put it on an activator, and put the said activator on the next cell that you will enter (E.g: The Prison where Trenam Feran is or the Burial Chamber under the library). Hope this helps and sorry for my english.
elonin

Post by elonin »

Not sure if this is the same issue but i have issues teleporting after I've been in ulviriths tomb. With my lack of modding knowledge i've only been able to fix by closing the game and reloading after leaving. Also, had an issue with the beetle not appearing. sometimes resting would trigger the event.

jamerkane34 wrote: 19 Apr 2020, 03:26 To anyone still having problems with the teleportation and levitation disabling, here's a little fix that I made:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=15epmt ... noYOV6qzPa

Basically what happens is, when you enter a certain cell(like the High Security Prison), an activator runs this particular script:
Begin Uvi_TeleportBan_Act_Lev
;local activator to disable teleportation and levitation

If ( uvi_teledisable != 1 )
DisableTeleporting
DisableLevitation
Set uvi_levban to 1
If ( cdc_teleportation < 0 )
Set cdc_teleportation to ( cdc_teleportation -1 )
Set cdc_teleportation to -1
Endif
Set uvi_teledisable to 1
EndIf

End

But there's no script that resets the global variables back to 0 when you exit the cell cos' there was no need to back in vanilla Morrowind, but OpenMW doesn't reset it somehow so what I did was just reverse stuporstar's script to enable teleport and levitation:

Begin Uvi_TeleportAllow_Act_Lev
;local activator to enabe teleportation and levitation

If ( uvi_teledisable != 0 )
EnableTeleporting
EnableLevitation
Set uvi_levban to 0
If ( cdc_teleportation != 0 )
Set cdc_teleportation to ( cdc_teleportation 0 )
Set cdc_teleportation to 0
Endif
Set uvi_teledisable to 0
EndIf

End

I then put it on an activator, and put the said activator on the next cell that you will enter (E.g: The Prison where Trenam Feran is or the Burial Chamber under the library). Hope this helps and sorry for my english.
elonin

Post by elonin »

Not sure if this is open mw but I'm unable to find much telvanni mineral oil. On another play through had seen it on the lady at zergophal mine. She had the topic and had a huge number in stock. On my current play through she doesn't have any and i've run through all of her dialog options. Incase it matters i have already done all quest related stuff with her.

{EDIT} just went through the entire telvanni area and some outside of it (excluding mainland) and nobody sells the stuff.
eddie5

Post by eddie5 »

> Not sure if this is open mw but I'm unable to find much telvanni mineral oil

The quartermaster lady in the bloat mine is supposed to be given a restocking supply via dialogue at some point, but OpenMW doesn't allow AddItem with negative quantities. All the other places you can get it look non-replentishable at a quick glance.
elonin

Post by elonin »

thank you for the reply. That seems to follow. Would have sworn i had supply from her with another load order (think she had thousands). Is there a way to bring this item out in the game by merging leveled lists etc. Not sure if openmw supports that or not. Think the only place i'm seeing that is with the tower delivery.

As a fix I've noticed that openmw allows restocking in general (that was the first and main reason i started using it). Not having modded before am i right in guessing that i can patch her by opening UL in the CS and making her a normal restocking vendor and loading that after all my ul/tr stuff?
eddie5

Post by eddie5 »

The concept was that she'd have none (or maybe just a few) until a certain quest stage. At that point her script does "AddItem DHM_insc_oil -6" to give her 6 restocking oils. This works in vanilla(+MCP) but OpenMW doesn't like it. Giving her -6 of them with the CS would do the same thing but a little earlier than the author originally intended. ;)