Great House Dagoth

Post about your mods, learn about OpenMW mod compatibility, check for problematic mods, discuss issues, and give us feedback about your experience with modded OpenMW.
GoldThroat

Great House Dagoth

Post by GoldThroat »

This mod has some problems which make the mod unplayable right now. What is supposed to happen is when you contract corprus disease from Dagoth Gares and you let it fester it's supposed to turn you into a corprus stalker and let you walk around normally as well as house Dagoth doesn't attack you. In OpenMW if you're argonian or khajiit it gives you the message beast races cannot wear helms or boots and then you are just your naked self with a corprus stalker sticking out of you, unable to walk and house Dagoth still attacks you, if you're any other race it turns you into a corprus stalker but your camera is stuck in the ground and you cannot move or do anything.

OpenMW Ver.0.41.0
Morrowind Ver.1.6.1820
Great House Dagoth (Mad God) Ver.1.04
link: http://mw.modhistory.com/download-56-8052
Attachments
This is the Dunmer while a corprus stalker
This is the Dunmer while a corprus stalker
This is an argonian as a corprus stalker
This is an argonian as a corprus stalker
akortunov

Re: Great House Dagoth

Post by akortunov »

It seems "sixh_invisible_robe" item causes bug on a second screenshot.

When PC turned to corprus monster, script equips a set of items on PC to hide bodyparts.
"sixh_invisible_robe" replaces Left Foot and Right Foot parts.
OpenMW does not allow beast races to use ANY item which replaces these parts, not just boots.

Also some Dagoth creatures can be hostile due to this bug.
GoldThroat

Post by GoldThroat »

Well that would explain the problem for the Corprus stalker messing with the beast race. Though the mod is still unplayable due to your character not being able to move beast race or not beast race and it only seems the non beast races are having the camera problem as well most likely not affecting the beast race only because the "Invisible robe" pieces are not all applied.
akortunov

Post by akortunov »

This is how script equips this robe to PC:

player->additem sixh_invisible_robe 1
player->equip sixh_invisible_robe

Note: I got an error about beast race in both Morrowind and OpenMW.

Comments from sixh_tranformpctoobjmaintain:
; force items to stay equiped on player as i cant lock out the inventory without disabling save game which isnt a good idea with morrowind
; Guantlets cant do beast feet ever.
; Robes CAN do player beast race feet but not in menu mode. <-- What the hell?
GoldThroat

Post by GoldThroat »

I don't have a problem with a message saying I can't wear helm or boots while in normal Morrowind. I wonder if it is a hit or miss thing. I'm not a professional mod maker I only know how to dabble so I'm not sure what the problem is besides that collision thing.

You can try this file and see if it's the same or different result, I archive all my mods I download.
Attachments
greathousedagoth104.zip
(321.22 KiB) Downloaded 428 times
GoldThroat

Post by GoldThroat »

Yes the author does allow it to be distributed unaltered.
akortunov

Post by akortunov »

According to mod author:
Foot-replacing robe can be placed on beast race PC from script (probably a bug in original engine), but can not be placed from console or inventory window.

OpenMW does not allow to equip robe in all three cases.
GoldThroat

Post by GoldThroat »

Well sounds like a modder would have to edit the mod to be compatible I'm assuming if possible. Plus I don't know how far the permissions go from the author, I think it says it in the Readme.
WhiteGuar

Post by WhiteGuar »

Hey guys, any news about this mod's compatibility with Openmw? I haven't been able to find any information on the wiki.
LordInsane

Post by LordInsane »

WhiteGuar wrote: 16 Feb 2019, 13:04 Hey guys, any news about this mod's compatibility with Openmw? I haven't been able to find any information on the wiki.
Some, but not all, of the compatibility-breaking differences are gone.