Creatures XI

Post about your mods, learn about OpenMW mod compatibility, check for problematic mods, discuss issues, and give us feedback about your experience with modded OpenMW.
bartvaes

Creatures XI

Post by bartvaes »

Hi,

I wanted to ask a question about the mod "Creatures XI" by PirateLord.
It's listed on the wiki as issue-free but I noticed some strange behaviour with some creatures : the Greater Imp & Gargoyle.
They're practically invulnerable :( All my spells go right through them, attacks never, ever hit, even my summons (Clannfear, Fire Atronach etc) can't damage it.
The only way to damage it is having a high enough reflect % and let it casts spells at me - hoping it will kill itself (never works tho...) Also, it seems to follow endlessly around the map so can't outrun it either.

I'm wondering if I can just remove those from the .esp file with the openmw-cs tool ? Or would that break the mod ?
jmelesky

Re: Creatures XI

Post by jmelesky »

I've seen that with this mod, as well (on OpenMW 0.41 on OSX). Collision-detection doesn't seem to work for those creatures -- if you open the console and 'sethealth 0' them, they fall through the ground.
Durisat

Post by Durisat »

So is the collision-detection issue with the gargoyles and imps, a problem with the mod itself or is it breaking the rules of good mods and thereby messing with openmw?

I have a fairly good understanding of scripts, after fixing quite a few mods with broken scripts, but have no knowledge of NIF files.
jmelesky

Post by jmelesky »

Durisat wrote:So is the collision-detection issue with the gargoyles and imps, a problem with the mod itself or is it breaking the rules of good mods and thereby messing with openmw?
As far as I can tell, it's a problem with the mod itself, that Vanilla had some (still unknown) workaround for. The NIFs are missing a bounding box. There's a bug tracking it: https://bugs.openmw.org/issues/2787