Crash with Madd Leveler

Post about your mods, learn about OpenMW mod compatibility, check for problematic mods, discuss issues, and give us feedback about your experience with modded OpenMW.
stout936

Crash with Madd Leveler

Post by stout936 »

Hi everybody!

As you can tell by the title, I'm getting a consistent crash while using Madd Leveler with OpenMW .41

So far, if I have an attribute at level 99+ and Madd tries to increase it, I get an immediate crash. This includes Madd doing it's thing while: resting and meditating, increasing an attribute based on skill level ups, and using the ML restart spell.

Anyone else have this issue? I'm not sure at this point if it's an issue with Madd's scripts, A conflict, or OpenMW itself.

I'll check into the coding of the Madd scripts as I have time, but if anyone already has a solution, please share.

Thanks,
-Stout936
Sslaxx

Re: Crash with Madd Leveler

Post by Sslaxx »

What does it say when it crashes?
stout936

Post by stout936 »

The OpenMW log doesn't say anything. Windows gives the typical "openmw.exe has stopped working" message.

I also tried running in windowed mode to watch the command line to see if it said anything that didn't get recorded in the log, but it shows nothing beyond the game playing the level up music (the music doesn't cause the crash, it playing is just the last thing to show up in the log. the log doesn't show the Madd scripts working)
MiroslavR

Post by MiroslavR »

Can you provide a savegame so it's easy for us to reproduce? Also a link to the mod would be nice.
stout936

Post by stout936 »

Save is uploaded as a .txt because .omwsave isn't allowed.

http://maddleveller.awardspace.com/

My log file is in the spoilers if it helps at all
Spoiler: Show
Attachments
Madd_Issue.omwsave.txt
Save with issue. Remove .txt to make it work
(7.73 MiB) Downloaded 201 times
MiroslavR

Post by MiroslavR »

The crash has already been fixed for the next version:
https://github.com/OpenMW/openmw/pull/1143
stout936

Post by stout936 »

Awesome! You guys are on it with this stuff. I'll edit my copy of .41 to reflect the necessary changes