Children Of Morrowind

Post about your mods, learn about OpenMW mod compatibility, check for problematic mods, discuss issues, and give us feedback about your experience with modded OpenMW.
ArashiAganawa

Children Of Morrowind

Post by ArashiAganawa »

So I see it still needs to be retested, and was wondering if anyone had done it yet. If not, I'm testing a ton of mods this weekend (I get three days off in the middle of the week! :D ) and would be willing to test this. Once done, should I post here, or just edit the wiki? I don't want to step on any toes and ruin someone else's work.

Also, should I use the extra plugins with it? Or just COM. It's one of my favorite mods, so testing it will be fun, and I can test the extra plugins to boot!
ArashiAganawa

Re: Children Of Morrowind

Post by ArashiAganawa »

After some testing it would appear that the mod works for the most part. Still haven't gone through quests yet.

There are, however, some issues. There is a ton of console output about being unable to find bone 'bip01 r toe0' and xanim_hopping_01. So some animations and bones seem to be missing, yet the kids still do the animations, and show no issues, aside from when they walk the "high wire" animation on a wall, and fall off. Then they get stuck in an infinite loop of falling and being back on the wall. Resetting actors seems to have fixed this.

They also don't go home and come back when supposed to all the time. This is based on time of day. It's not something that always happens either, and seems to be fixed by going inside (if your outside) and coming back out. Basically going through a load door fixes it when it does happen.

Dialogue works fine, kids refuse gifts if they don't know you, and their voice acting works as well. I did, begrudgingly, test to see if they teleport away when attacked, like they should, and they do. That's good, as I don't want anyone able to harm them, as intended by the mod.

Updated the wiki to in testing.
sjek

Post by sjek »

with children of morrowind v2 http://lovkullen.net/Emma/kids.htm
unable to find bone 'bip01 r toe0' and xanim_hopping_01
problem in this seems to be that "bipo1 r toe0" is defined in kf, x.nif and nif but niskininstance is missing it.
it has keyframedata defined but otherwise has only dummy node so doesn't propably have any bone weights that effect the animation anyway. otherwise it's defined under "bip01 r foot" with right food's mesh data.

idk atm why those have been added (might be liztail's animkit but there's no tails)
shouldn't anything serious nevertheless as seems to affect not the animated mesh at all.
when they walk the "high wire" animation on a wall, and fall off. Then they get stuck in an infinite loop of falling and being back on the wall. Resetting actors seems to have fixed this.
there's one in suran market arch namely 1em_child_332 or zuzana and the animation is in idle9
  • coe 6 -7
    playgroup idle9 0
http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Tes3Mod:PlayGroup
without toggleAi it can be also tried and falling, which doesn't happen in vanilla with ra'd initial position, zuzana is moved to her place with scriptlines:
  • If ( GetPos z < 299 ); This is the height above which the kid should remain
    Position 53165.789 -50796.305 516.801 0; Reset position to starting coordinates
    Endif
after which theposition is set constantly even after resetactors so the engine doesn't clear the z-coordinate properly when moved in mid animation.
same effect can be made in vanilla by using - playgroup idle9 2 - and - playgroup idle9 1 - in same console session.
on this one not sure though which one should be fixed / put on report.
  1. openmw uses capsule shape instead of morrowind's box
  2. the gravity isn't enabled in vanilla while idle9 animation is playing
  3. in openmw the facing feature seems to more aggressive causing off the arch walking with ai enabled
  4. that mid animation falling not letting getpos z to reset to new value or what is the exact reason.
would go with d.
but where it did happen ArashiAganawa .?
i don't get the ra fixing or fall looping on my comp.
They also don't go home and come back when supposed to all the time. This is based on time of day. It's not something that always happens either, and seems to be fixed by going inside (if your outside) and coming back out. Basically going through a load door fixes it when it does happen.
that seems like it's properly working random function or constant disable / enable calls causing compiler errors somewhere based on this on EM_Kidsschedulescript + the disabling when player is looking elsewhere. debugging that to separate functions needs a bit thinking.
at least in vanilla cellchanged function can't be read on the destination cell as 1, as only scripts in last cell see it when the cell change. For Interior to exterior change Getdistance is normally used in vanilla, as it would give absurd number like so.

Code: Select all

if ( t1 < 5 )
	set t1 to ( t1 + GetSecondsPassed )
else
	set t1 to ( ( Random 10001 ) / 10000.0 )
	if ( GameHour > 20 )
		set i1 to 1
	elseif ( GameHour < 8 )
		set i1 to 1
	else
		set i1 to 0
	endif
	if ( i1 == 1 )
		if ( GetDisabled == 0 )
			set i1 to 10
			return
		endif
	else ; daytime
		if ( day != removeDay )
			if ( GetDisabled == 1 )
				set i1 to 20
				return
			endif
		endif
	endif
endif

if ( CellChanged == 1 )
	if ( GameHour > 20 )
		set i1 to 1
	elseif ( GameHour < 8 )
		set i1 to 1
	else
		set i1 to 0
	endif
	if ( GetInterior == 1 )
		if ( i1 == 1 )
			if ( GetDisabled == 0 )
				disable
			endif
		elseif ( GetDisabled == 1 )
			enable
		endif
		return
	endif
endif
ArashiAganawa

Post by ArashiAganawa »

sjek wrote:but where it did happen ArashiAganawa .?
Probably should have noted that it was indeed in Suran. I was testing to see if it happened elsewhere, but so far no one else has fallen or had this issue. If it's just the one child with the issue, then it isn't really too big of a deal, but I haven't checked out everything yet.
sjek wrote:with children of morrowind v2 http://lovkullen.net/Emma/kids.htm
Yes, that is the one I am using.
sjek wrote:idk atm why those have been added (might be liztail's animkit but there's no tails)
shouldn't anything serious nevertheless as seems to affect not the animated mesh at all.
Yeah, it seems like it has no effect in game, and is just console output. At least so far it has not given me any issues, let's hope it stays that way!
sjek wrote:that seems like it's properly working random function or constant disable / enable calls causing compiler errors somewhere based on this on EM_Kidsschedulescript + the disabling when player is looking elsewhere.
Thought I'd add that while in Vivec, I'd be in one canton, walk on over to the next one, and walk back and the kids would be there, which they previously weren't. So an exterior cell change seems to do this as well. This was midday, if that means anything to this. I have not tried messing with the time scale on this test run. Do you think it would have any effect? Do you think I should change it to continue testing? I don't have much going on at work this week, so I have some spare time to work on it.
sjek wrote:i don't get the ra fixing or fall looping on my comp.
Odd. Perhaps it was timing when I did it, as it was late in the day in game, so the kids were "going home" so to speak, soon after I did that. He didn't continue to do his "high wire" walking, but just stood there. I shall try this again and see if I can get it to happen at another time of day.
sjek

Post by sjek »

brain dump results kinda in bottom.
Thought I'd add that while in Vivec, I'd be in one canton, walk on over to the next one, and walk back and the kids would be there, which they previously weren't. So an exterior cell change seems to do this as well. This was midday, if that means anything to this. I have not tried messing with the time scale on this test run. Do you think it would have any effect? Do you think I should change it to continue testing?
seems very likely the cellchanged is the culprit as the effect is happening more specifically on the cell change. the timescale only effects

Code: Select all

if ( CellChanged == 1 )
   if ( GameHour > 20 )
      set i1 to 1
   elseif ( GameHour < 8 )
      set i1 to 1
   else
      set i1 to 0
   endif
parts. this one under that cellchanged. making it quicker would pass those parameters more often and likely just confuse the test more.

if it's not disable enable interfering the one thing that would test is
exterior cell load distance = 0
in settings.cfg and turning preloads off to simulate vanilla on running local scripts only in current cell.

this should prevent the children's scripts getting cellchanged before vanilla as determined...
http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Tes3Mod:CellChanged

... it's passed as one to destination cell in one frame so having multiple cells loaded could have the scripts getting the variable two times or anytime the cell boundary is crossed while the cell is on loading distance disabling, enabling them in sequence while only on first and only cell load on vanilla. anyway that's how remembering it.

as it happens also in exterior to exterior the doors shouldn't be the problem.
Spoiler: Show
Odd. Perhaps it was timing when I did it, as it was late in the day in game, so the kids were "going home" so to speak, soon after I did that. He didn't continue to do his "high wire" walking, but just stood there. I shall try this again and see if I can get it to happen at another time of day.
that's exactly what happened here. continuing the walk right after is probably on separate logic but using console with playgroup idle9 with 0 , 1 or 2 after could determine it. would imagine change by per cent's

if you get to cell with her in place, the time of day shouldn't affect the animation as there's only disable under - cellchanged == 1 with timecheck - so only the looking somewhere else can cause disabling. if that would be the reason the animation wouldn't continue normally after looking away while in animation or when animation is changing which in case would cause basically clitches all over the game.

: )

probaply writing for that's cellchanged place

if ( getdistance, player > 4000 )
in schedule scripts when testing for getting it ruled out as best shortcut. then tuning it for single cell. that should in theory make it random......

or as it's random to start with so other possible culprit is those two if blocks using gamehour but currently no idea how those are intended to work.

theorycrafting xP
psi29a
Gitlab profile: https://gitlab.com/psi29a/

Post by psi29a »

Is anyone here in contact with Emma? I've been trying to get in contact with here.
ArashiAganawa

Post by ArashiAganawa »

psi29a wrote:Is anyone here in contact with Emma? I've been trying to get in contact with here.
I really should hop on the forums there, I have an account there. Been meaning to get around to that...
AnyOldName3

Post by AnyOldName3 »

She's normally responded within a day when I've had questions to ask on her Vilja in Skyrim Nexus mods page, although I haven't had anything to ask recently (i.e. within the last couple of years). Even if she doesn't post comments herself there as much as she used to, her Nexus profile suggests she's doing stuff fairly frequently, so it may well be worth someone shooting her a message there if it's not been done already.
psi29a
Gitlab profile: https://gitlab.com/psi29a/

Post by psi29a »

Nexusmods wrote:The following errors were found
The member Emma cannot receive any new messages
This personal message has not been sent
:/

I've been trying to contact her, but no response.
AnyOldName3

Post by AnyOldName3 »

What about going via someone like Lycanthrops who she's worked on stuff with? They'll have a more direct way to get hold of her.