Emma/Grumpy MW companions (Wolf, Beryl, Hurd)

Post about your mods, learn about OpenMW mod compatibility, check for problematic mods, discuss issues, and give us feedback about your experience with modded OpenMW.
Loriel

Re: Emma/Grumpy MW companions (Wolf, Beryl, Hurd)

Post by Loriel »

Emma wrote:So it did work?! Yes, yes, yes!! I'm really so glad that it did, and that I at least remembered that much about what we did in the script. If it is fine also with Beryl and Hurd, and no other problem arises because of this removed line, all Grumpy-based companions might be working. And Laura already works after your removing of that extra dot in the script-namn.
Yes, Beryl also works fine with similar change to her script.

I've not seen any other issues with either Beryl or Constance (yet), other than the spell-removal problem with Constance.

However, Beryl does have a tendency to get lost and sometimes doesn't respond to the recall ring, so it would be helpful if you could add a "return to base" option, as Morganna returns to her house, or Constance returns to Gnisis. The same problem was present in vanilla Morrowind, so it's not an OpenMW issue.

Morganna has a similar "remove the dot in the script name" situation (or OpenMW needs to fix its overzealous checking), but it's much less critical - I completed the whole quest without any major problems before fixing it. It's critical for Laura - she won't follow until it's fixed.
With the spell and the error related to it, I don't recall how it was in Morrowind, I don't even recall the script condetamin itself.
I think it's part of the special help from Constance - brief "detect creature" or "detect key" etc, which becomes not-so-brief in OpenMW as the spell becomes permanent. Not a major problem, but fairly easy to fix.
I also have no idea why the cat but not the kittens are falling into the void, most likely this is related to the model and the question is then how to cure it. I haven't looked at it in the construction set, though.
Yes, I presume it's model-related, but that's outside my area of knowledge..

And the recent fix for name-clash with journal entries is also part of the overall solution - it's in the dailies now, and should be in the next OpenMW release 0.42 by the end of the month.

I probably need to play through WWOL over the next few days, to check there's no bugs there.

Loriel
Chris

Post by Chris »

Emma wrote:I also have no idea why the cat but not the kittens are falling into the void, most likely this is related to the model and the question is then how to cure it.
Sounds like the cat model may be missing a collision box. Vanilla Morrowind does something in this case to still allow the object to have collision, but OpenMW doesn't. So without a collision shape, gravity pushes it through the ground. Fixing it would require editing the nif and adding a proper collision node, or figuring out how to replicate vanilla engine behavior for object models missing a collision node.
jmelesky

Post by jmelesky »

Chris wrote:Vanilla Morrowind does something in this case to still allow the object to have collision, but OpenMW doesn't.
I've seen this problem crop up in other mods (notably, the Creatures XI mod set). Is that behavior difference from Vanilla considered a bug (and thus ? If not, it's probably at least worth building a tool to patch mods.

.... ah, nevermind, I found it: https://bugs.openmw.org/issues/2787
Emma

Post by Emma »

Well, it was indeed so that the kittens had bounding box but the cats had none. Tried to add one (or rather, my modder friend Lycanthrops volonteered to do this) but it didn't help, the cats would still disappear. I.e. they were first in the bookseller shop, but shortly vanished. Maybe we are missing something that someone used to models for OpenMW would know?
GameEnder

Post by GameEnder »

Emma wrote:Well, it was indeed so that the kittens had bounding box but the cats had none. Tried to add one (or rather, my modder friend Lycanthrops volonteered to do this) but it didn't help, the cats would still disappear. I.e. they were first in the bookseller shop, but shortly vanished. Maybe we are missing something that someone used to models for OpenMW would know?
Did Lycanthrops add a a bounding box the the "xcat#.nif's?

I added added a bonding box to the cat#.nif's and the xcat#.nif's and the the and they don't fall through he floor any more.
Attachments
Cats.rar
Fixed Meshes
(1.12 MiB) Downloaded 290 times
Loriel

Post by Loriel »

WWOL main quest completes with no noticeable problems (using OpenMW 0.42 RC)

However, Constance has just thrown up another problem - failing to compile dialog.
Specifically error/rejection of

Code: Select all

Addtopic -spells...

Apparently refusing to accept the "-"
Workaround - quote the name to add, thus:

Addtopic "-spells..."

Same problem with the next line,

Addtopic -magicka...

These arise within the "-chat" topic, which should add the option for her to cast a "paralyse" spell in combat, and would presumably prevent further progress in Constance's main quest.

It appears to me to be another case of over-strict syntax checking.

Loriel
Allofich

Post by Allofich »

I created a bug report for the topics that start with "-". https://bugs.openmw.org/issues/3846
Darklocq

Post by Darklocq »

In better news, the Jasmine mod now seems to be working, in an OpenMW nightly build from this month; the problem of her getting stuck in a dialogue loop when you hit Reputation 3 has gone awayl she actually gives you the ring now.

Also testing Julan and a bunch of other stuff, including Friends and Rivals (the only CM Partners fork that seems to work in OpenMW so far), A Lord's Men, Staff Agency, and some individual companions like Belial and Lady Death.
Capostrophic

Post by Capostrophic »

If anyone's curious I think I've fixed the issue with companions attacking air here, so you won't need to install patches to work around that.
Adagio

Post by Adagio »

MiroslavR wrote: 02 Apr 2017, 03:51
Loriel wrote: Attempting to verify the mod generates a lot of script errors, of the form "Unexpected special token" - apparently related to the underscore in the name "AA_Laurenna" (or similar) so it appears that over-strict name checking is still a probleml
Nope, that is not the case. The problem is that "aa_laurenna" NPC ID clashes with a journal ID of the same name. Apparently, there is an evil piece of code that, in this case, implicitely expands "aa_laurenna" into (GetJournalIndex "aa_laurenna"). The -> operator is therefore unexpected.

No idea why such thing was ever implemented -- git blame points to https://github.com/OpenMW/openmw/commit ... 0377bb2b2f.

@Zini: Can you explain?

For the record, here's the relevant part of the script:

If ( "AA_Laurenna"->GetMysticism > ( Random 100 ) )
		Set intervention To -3
	endif
I just ran into the "unexpected special token" reply when following the mod instructions for using console to get the Grumpy pack guar. I'd try another pack guar mod but comments indicate Grympys pack guar is a unique experience.