Bal Isra Rising

Post about your mods, learn about OpenMW mod compatibility, check for problematic mods, discuss issues, and give us feedback about your experience with modded OpenMW.
SlightlyCubed

Bal Isra Rising

Post by SlightlyCubed »

Hey everyone!,

Thought I would post a imcompatiable mod I believe I just found. The mod is Bal Isra Rising and was recently released on the Nexus: http://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/44329/?. When installed your able to expand the settlement much further. However, when you speak to the new NPC about expanding it shows this in the console window when selecting the command "expanding Bal Isra"
Unexpected Name
Compiling failed (dialogue script)
Startscript "Da_Strong_Expan1"
Journal "Da_IsraExpanJournal" 10
player->removeitem "gold_100" 2000
RemoveTopic "expanding Bal Isra"
Goodbye
Any ideas? I'll post something on the nexus to the author but from what I understand this mod works perfectly in Morrowind vanilla.
Capostrophic

Re: Bal Isra Rising

Post by Capostrophic »

Scripts are usually named without quotes... Maybe check the script with OpenMW-CS?
SlightlyCubed

Post by SlightlyCubed »

Thanks for the reply, but unfortunately I have zero experience in the console. I will attempt to look at it today and see if there are quotation marks like you said but I couldn't really do much to fix it.
scrawl

Post by scrawl »

The script tries to use a function "RemoveTopic" that does not exist, neither in vanilla nor in OpenMW.
SlightlyCubed

Post by SlightlyCubed »

Huh.. weird. It never had bug reports on the Nexus about the mod not working. I wonder why. Well I guess that settles this mod then as it looks like the author has not responded in a while.