Better Bodies first-person hand seams

Learn about OpenMW mod compatibility, check for problematic mods, discuss issues, and give us feedback about your experience with modded OpenMW.
protondonor

Better Bodies first-person hand seams

Post by protondonor » 07 Jan 2017, 03:21

I'm using OpenMW 0.39 under Linux (Xubuntu 16.04 LTS). I don't remember exactly what I was doing (it was quite some time ago when I broke it) but I had messed around with some mods and now, Better Bodies, which had been working perfectly before, doesn't seem to work in first-person. Specifically, there are unsightly seams between my character's hands and arms. I've tried reinstalling Better Bodies v. 2.1, 2.2, and 2.4, either through the .exe or via drag-and-drop, with the same result each time. Here are some screenshots. Did I mess up the installation somehow? Is there a way to fix this?

Other mods installed:
Spoiler: Show

DestinedToDie

Re: Better Bodies first-person hand seams

Post by DestinedToDie » 07 Jan 2017, 07:18

I think your game is using vanilla hands instead of better bodies hands. Try to locate the hand nifs and reinstall.

As for what's ovewriting the hands, I don't see anything suspicious in the mod list so your guess is as good as mine. A complete reinstall might help.

Jenikk

Post by Jenikk » 07 Jan 2017, 09:32

I have reported similar issue with better bodies hands. See https://bugs.openmw.org/issues/2594#change-17097
Maybe it's related.

protondonor

Post by protondonor » 07 Jan 2017, 21:32

I checked the data files and I'm sure the .nif files are all there. One more thing I've noticed: I haven't tested all races and genders yet, but so far I've only noticed the issue for male Dark Elf characters (male Altmer and Bosmer look fine).