Working Bloodmoon Mod List For OpenMW

Post about your mods, learn about OpenMW mod compatibility, check for problematic mods, discuss issues, and give us feedback about your experience with modded OpenMW.
Frik

Working Bloodmoon Mod List For OpenMW

Post by Frik »

I've completed the Morrowind Main Quest + Tribunal Quests. Now I'm testing and putting together my working Bloodmoon mod list for OpenMW. I think I've pretty much included everything I like and wanted to share the list of compatible OpenMW + Bloodmoon mods here:

Tested Working:
Bloodmoon Landscape Overhaul Version 1.1 By Slartibartfast
Vurts Solstheim Tree Replacer II V1.1
Solstheim Winter Home Version 1.0 By PRP
Fourth Era Solstheim by Eldermaster28
DNCTextures1024_BM By Darknut
Caits Bloodmoon Goldfinches By KAGZ
Bloodmoon Pelt Replacer V2.0 By Alaisiagae
Bloodmoon Hide Replacer V2.0 By Alaisiagae
Interiors of Solstheim by KalianMods V2.1
Skaal Rextex By LazyGhost
Remake Thirsk by Sphinx
Bloodmoon Traders by DAVIDEVIL

Notable Mention:
Fortified Thirsk V1.1 by lochnarus
This mod caused excessive frame rate on my underpowered PC, but worked fine. I would have kept it if I had a more powerful PC.

Wooden Fort - Raven Rock V 1.0 By Demosthenes
I've installed this mod and waiting for the Raven Rock construction to be completed. I'm assuming this mod will work when raven rock in complete, but I cannot confirm at this time.

Tested With Issues:
Solstheim: Tomb of the Snow Prince (aka: Solstheim Overhaul)
By Wollibeebee
Guards were running into one another, into other objects and trapped in inaccessible locations. I also ran into issues with some items floating in the air.

Note: I actually had the same problem with Balmora Stronghold BE V1.2 , but was able to edit the floating items with OpenMW-CS and move them out of the way. There were just too many issues with this mod and I didn't feel like attempting to tweak it in OpenMW-CS.

Hope this list helps someone. If anyone would like to see a list of mods I'm using for Morrowind and Tribunal, I'd be happy to post those, as well. Also, any suggestions for other mods that might make for a better Bloodmoon experience is welcomed.
Last edited by Frik on 23 Dec 2016, 06:01, edited 1 time in total.
Jyby

Re: Working Bloodmoon Mod List For OpenMW

Post by Jyby »

Wow nice work Frik! Would you mind checking out our Mod Compatibility wiki page: https://wiki.openmw.org/index.php?title=Mod_status

We definitely appreciate your input! Take a look and let us know if you need guidance as you help us out :)
Frik

Re: Working Bloodmoon Mod List For OpenMW

Post by Frik »

Thanks. It's taken me quite a while to assemble (currently) 55 compatible mods that all work well together. I've been monitoring the Wiki mods list and will try to contribute there, as time allows.

Being on a list and working as a stand alone mod is one thing, but getting all the mods one likes, working together, can sometimes be frustrating. That was my impetus for creating a thread in this section.

With my compilation, I try to stick with vanilla Morrowind, in terms of game play mechanics, and focus on better graphics with retexture/replacer mods.The exception being fair magicka, which worked in OpenMW only after editing the script (per WIki). I've also added several nice nice homes and a stronghold, to display the loot I've collected. 8-)

One thing I ran into was the mod listed on the Wiki as: BTB's Sorted New Alchemy Potions

The graphics were great. What I didn't realize was that the mod changes all of the ingredients around, rendering the potion making documentation moot. The solution was to use: AOF Potions Recolored 1.11, which added the new graphics and maintained the vanilla potion/alchemy values. ;)