Better Governing Attributes and Madd Skills

Post about your mods, learn about OpenMW mod compatibility, check for problematic mods, discuss issues, and give us feedback about your experience with modded OpenMW.
asw3

Better Governing Attributes and Madd Skills

Post by asw3 »

Hello, I've found out that the mods Better Governing Attributes (http://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/43017/?) and the Madd Skills.esp of Madd Leveler (http://mw.modhistory.com/download-68-11157), which have the same aim of changing what attribute increases after a skill levels up, both don't work, and by the looks of it probably because of the same problem.

Both mods when installed change in the menu the name of the attribute, for example:

Vanilla OpenMW:
Spear
Governing Attribute: Endurance

With mods installed, the game will show:
Spear
Governing Attribute: Strength

But on level up, Endurance will increase, instead of Strength, even in the modded game.

Hope someone can figure out how to make these mods work.

Thank you in advance.
scrawl

Re: Better Governing Attributes and Madd Skills

Post by scrawl »

Better Governing Attributes appears to work for me. I think what is happening is that you're using a save file from before the plugin was active. The save files count increases by attribute, not by skill. So if you increased skills before the plugin was active, then activate the plugin and level up your character, the attributes increased would not reflect the plugin's changes. You would need to have the plugin active at the time you increase the skills.
asw3

Post by asw3 »

I just made a new character, got a few "levels" in Acrobatics, and although with Better Governing Attributes the tool-tip says that Speed should increase, actually Strength increased (vanilla behavior). So it doesn't seem like a new save file fixes the problem.

Some time ago I also tried removing all my mods except BGA or Madd Skills (don't remember which one though), and I still got the same result, so I'm sure its not a mod conflict, if that's any help.
SteveOdom

Post by SteveOdom »

I just quickly tested this with a new character and for me it does work as intended. The right governing attributes are leveled up.

What does it say if you mouse over them? Are the tooltips changed or not?
asw3

Post by asw3 »

For me the tool-tips change, but the attribute gains on level up are the same as vanilla.
SteveOdom

Post by SteveOdom »

I've tested the unarmored to endurance when leveling up and it worked perfectly. So it's up to someone better than me to look for what might went wrong.