Older bump mapped mods (and how to make them work in OpenMW)

Post about your mods, learn about OpenMW mod compatibility, check for problematic mods, discuss issues, and give us feedback about your experience with modded OpenMW.
1Mac

Re: Older bump mapped mods (and how to make them work in OpenMW)

Post by 1Mac »

I mean, I was willing to attempt it! And I'm finding a lot of mods, for armor and weapons in particular, that have both authentic normals and authentic environment maps. Pherim’s Real Reflective Weapons, for example. So if I understand how conversion works, the user would want to delete the texture reference to the normal map in the .nif but not the NiTextureEffect block.
AnyOldName3

Post by AnyOldName3 »

Someone on Reddit told me they had written a Python script that used PyFFI and automatically converted MCP-style bump mapping to OpenMW-style normal mapping. Is this something we know about and are ignoring, or something we don't know about and want to know about?
lysol

Post by lysol »

I actually think I heard about it but then forgot about it. Oops. You have a link?
GeminiContractor

Post by GeminiContractor »

Can you use this for mods other than "Apel's Various Things"?
The "Caverns Bump Mapped" has around 670 mesh files to edit.
Capostrophic

Post by Capostrophic »

Bumpmapping support, including a slightly updated documentation and an option to make environment-mapped objects look like with that option from MCP toggled on, has been merged today and should be included in tomorrow's nightlies and in the upcoming 0.46.0 release, retiring this thread at last.