Julan Ashlander Companion

Post about your mods, learn about OpenMW mod compatibility, check for problematic mods, discuss issues, and give us feedback about your experience with modded OpenMW.
Allofich

Re: Julan Ashlander Companion

Post by Allofich »

I cannot run a daily build of OpenMW. I have tried, and all of them since at least March crash on startup with my current mod list
If you don't mind, can you post your mod list and maybe a save game? We should find out why the daily builds are crashing for you.

Edit: There have been a few changes to the settings file in recent months. Does it exit saying anything about missing settings? If that's it, you don't need to post the mod list.
Sslaxx

Post by Sslaxx »

Sorry about the thread necromancy, but Kateri has released 3.0 as a beta. https://bethesda.net/community/post/1655230

This means that the compatibility patch posted earlier in this thread likely won't work, and this version'll need testing against OpenMW.
Capostrophic

Post by Capostrophic »

Moved the entire thread from General into Mod Compatibility subforum, I think it makes sense.
Enkida

Post by Enkida »

I'm not sure if this counts as a bug or not, but I'll record it here in case it helps anyone out. Also, this is referring to the last version of Julan, 2.03 or something, not the 3.0 beta.

There's a point in the game where Julan asks for a drink in the tavern; I think you actually have to get him drunk to learn about Shani. I was using Julan in conjunction with the "On the Move" portable Ashlander Tent house mod, and rather than resting at the inn I got Julan drunk in, I just left, adventurered, figured out he was drunk, and then tried a slew of everything and anything to get him to stop being drunk, from resting in the house to passing time outdoors to trying to advance his quest.

In the end, I just reloaded the save where he was initially drunk, rested in the inn, and he sobered up on his own.

So basically, when Julan gets drunk, don't leave the inn until you get him sobered up again, otherwise, you might spend a very long time being frustrated with a very drunk Julan like I did. Although it's a good way to go through all of his very thoroughly scripted drunk reactions and voice acting though. :lol:
Enkida

Post by Enkida »

Also, since I forgot this, if anyone does have an interest in making Julan 3.0 open beta OpenMW compatible, here's the link to the file and the thread mentioning what's not yet complete in it (which is only some post-Bloodmoon Shani / if you are a werewolf stuff)
https://bethesda.net/community/topic/48 ... on-2-1/111
Liedchronism

Post by Liedchronism »

I've been testing out Julan 3.0beta and I've encountered an interesting issue when the time comes to return to Red Mountain (up until this point he functions perfectly). All conversations trigger correctly, he is dragged back down the mountain just fine, he's collapsed on the floor as he should be when I talk to the healer, but as soon as he gets up he starts slowly walking away, eventually ending up pressed against a wall down the hallway. All his dialogue functions fine, I can tell him to wait, he stops when he's a certain distance from me, I can even tell him to wait for me in an inn but, as soon as I tell him to follow me, off he goes slowly walking away again. I've talked to Kateri and they're unsure what the problem is. I was wondering if someone here with more knowledge of the OpenMW engine could tell me what's up :? You would receive all of my love and gratitude and first-born children.
elonin

Post by elonin »

Think i fixed things but what is the difference between the two patches at the first post of this thread? have installed julanomwpatch.omwaddon and it might have helped me get past a issue with julan ashlander companion

Before i installed the patch got to shani (in the mine she stranded herself in) and i got variations of shani standing but the text saying she's nearly unconscious but there was no dialog to give her the potion of restore fatigue. Then at other times she simply wasn't there. After installing the patch Shani was correctly there unconscious, but julan rushed to her and she disappeared. Reloaded and was able to stop julan with his ring and managed to progress the quest.

Haven't been able to travel around with julan but companion travel seems less stable in general with him sometimes following even through a recall to an interior location and sometimes disappearing at a loading door. His ring does not appear to work well with him stating he'll be right there as soon as i go outside or i'll get the recall sound but he doesn't arrive. Also, sometimes does not follow with interventions (either almsalvi or devine).
elonin

Post by elonin »

With the intervention spells only bringing companions occasionally and Julan's ring working about 1/2 of the time, i need to find an alternative way to get Julan without resorting to getting him at Ald Ruhn. I'm using CD Cooley's companion teleport but not sure what it is doing since it was supposed to add spells to manage your companion. Can anyone recommend a fix?
Sslaxx

Post by Sslaxx »

Tried using a nightly build?
elonin

Post by elonin »

Thank you for that. I'm presuming those are a update to openmw? Also, might help if i switch over to the beta that Kateri mentioned on the bethsoft forums about a update that is more openmw friendly.