Ceramic bowl is tiny in game

Post about your mods, learn about OpenMW mod compatibility, check for problematic mods, discuss issues, and give us feedback about your experience with modded OpenMW.
Detritus

Ceramic bowl is tiny in game

Post by Detritus »

I recently installed openmw again, and I've just finished installing a load of mods. I just noticed that the ceramic bowl is showing in a tiny size in game. I've tried changing the load order of the mesh replacers in the openmw.cfg file, but that hasn't made any difference so far. (I probably haven't found the correct mod yet that changed the size, or have only one mod that alters the ceramic bowl.)

Is it possible that I've come across a mod that conflicts with how openmw displays the meshes in game? (I have a screenshot of the bowl if it helps.)
Lamoot

Re: Ceramic bowl is tiny in game

Post by Lamoot »

You're not providing enough information to figure out where the scaling of the ceramic bowl is happening. Especially with a large number of mods, the cause could be anywhere. The best approach would be to test one mod at a time and see where it happens. In addition, checking the .nif model of the ceramic bowl or the object of the ceramic bowl in OpenMW-CS could shed some additional light on this.
AnyOldName3

Post by AnyOldName3 »

Opening the console, clicking on the bowl, and then using ori should give some useful information for tracking down which mod provides the mesh and things like that.
Detritus

Post by Detritus »

I checked via the console in game and it turned out to be the file: misc_bowl_orange_green_01.nif from this mod: https://stuporstar.sarahdimento.com/oth ... optimized/ - I removed the file and the bowl turned back to a normal size as it used the mesh from the base game again.

As it turned out, the downloaded archive had an optional folder with meshes more suitable for MGSO textures and that mesh is showing up with a normal size in game. So, I'm now using that one. I have not found why it was showing up at a smaller size, this is the only mod in my game trying to modify this particular item. (And all other meshes from this mod that I noticed in game are correct.)

Thank you for reminding me about the ORI command.