Partner Mods

Learn about OpenMW mod compatibility, check for problematic mods, discuss issues, and give us feedback about your experience with modded OpenMW.
SatoriLotus

Partner Mods

Post by SatoriLotus » 22 Jun 2017, 16:45

There have been a couple of threads already about partner mods but mostly dealing with standalone/specific companions.

I can't create a wiki profile to edit these in so I thought I'd report my findings here;

*While I run numerous esp-less graphical mods, each of these was tested independently from other script/dialogue/npc mods.*

-Follow Me by Shade the Bandit - Seems to be working as intended

-REL Universal Companion Share by Fliggerty - I tested this using "Follow Me" before I realized it required MWSE, obviously it didn't work but without it "Follow Me" isn't particularly useful.

-CM Partners by Cutthroat Mods - I've tested multiple versions including: 2.8, 3.0, Baron's (based on 3.0), and Unlimited (based on 2.8) and while some will show the initial "conversation" dialogue, the friendship option doesn't work properly and so it's impossible to have NPC's follow you. Note that in Baron's version the NPC's are added to the game but lack the "conversation" topic.

I haven't tried Give Your Orders by TheLys to see if the slave share option works but without general NPC inventory sharing it doesn't suit my needs.

:!: EDIT: I just tested Friends and Rivals 0.7 by enkephalin which is based on CM Partners 2.5 and it seems to be working properly. I haven't tested CMP 2.5 itself to see if it also works but I suspect it probably will. If someone could make a compatibility entry on the wiki for CM Partners with this info it might help save someone a bit of time in the future.

Darklocq

Re: Partner Mods (+$20 bug fix bounty!)

Post by Darklocq » 16 Jul 2017, 11:47

Companion Teleportation 1.1 by cdcooley [requires TB+BM] is presently incompatible but fixable. This forum thread indicates why it is not working: the author did not include all the near-identical scripts, but compiled bytecode versions of them; this code only works in Bethesda's engine (technically a VM). He did, however, include the source of the original script, so someone who knows what they're doing can fix this mod by replacing the bytecode versions with source versions; his readme even has (geeky) instructions for how to do it (I can't quite interpret them, probably because I've never used the vanilla CS). This is a really high-priority mod to fix. I'll PayPal US$20 to whoever first provides an OpenMW-compatible version.

I can confirm what SatoriLotus has said about CM Parters 2.8, 3.0, and Baron's from my own testing over the last couple of days (wish I'd seen that post earlier). I would strongly suspect that there's simply a syntax error in there that is boogering a key script; these are frequent and often easy to fix. I'll add it to my "look into it" list. I'm glad of the news that Friends and Rivals is working, and will try it myself.

@SatoriLotus: If you go to the wiki-related section on the forum, there's instructions for how to add yourself as a wiki editor, which is done here (it uses your forum login info, presumably through LDAP). If you are following the Mod Testing Guidelines (and it looks like you are, one mod at a time), you can just update the Mod Status page yourself, after adding yourself to the wiki group. I'm doing "piles of mods at once" stress testing of OpenMW the way a hardcore gamer is likely to play it, so most of my own extensive write-ups on mods in OpenMW don't qualify for the Mod Status page (only those that DO work without any problems in my set up; all that have issues have to be re-tested the one-at-a-time way to ensure it's not mod conflicts).

My huge mods-tested-so-far list is at https://wiki.openmw.org/index.php?title ... anion_mods and it has several sections on companion and NPC mods.

I have yet to find any general NPC inventory sharing mod that works in OpenMW, and it may not be possible without MWSE, or manually changing NPCs into followers and adding sharing scripts.

Not tried Follow Me yet. NPC Commands 8b by Horny Buddha [req. TB+BM] also has a functional feature of getting an NPC to follow you if their disposition is maxed (a convenient alternative to Command Humanoid for "hiring" a spellmaker or whatever). Some other options work like "face me" and "face away", while some do not, like "lie down" (they immediately stand back up again in OpenMW), and some are just roleplay stuff that produces text responses.

NPC Functionality 1.3 by Casey Tucker also has follow/stay/guard options, and a whole lot more; compliance is dependent on an interplay of a lot of factors, but maxed Dispo usually works. It is good also for adding combat-control options (melee/ranged/magic/no-magic/stay back) to companions who don't have them.

Give Your Orders 1.3 by TheLys [req. TB] is similar, but it's even harder to get compliance (need near-max Dispo and Personality), and requests often trigger a Dispo drop. This is for hardcore roleplayers with high-level characters.

Companion Role Play Plus 1.01 by ManaUser also has some functional features, and some non-functional ones. A working one is adjusting companion Disposition with "favors"). Most of it is roleplaying stuff that produces text responses.

Move or Take My Place 1.0 by abot has an MSWE dependency, but its "move" part seemed to work, if the Disposition is high. The MSWE part might only be for hotkeys. I find it easier to just use TCL in the Console to walk through NPCs who are blocking me.

jirka642

Re: Partner Mods

Post by jirka642 » 16 Jul 2017, 13:18

Darklocq wrote:Companion Teleportation 1.1 by cdcooley [requires TB+BM] is presently incompatible but fixable. This forum thread indicates why it is not working: the author did not include all the near-identical scripts, but compiled bytecode versions of them; this code only works in Bethesda's engine (technically a VM). He did, however, include the source of the original script, so someone who knows what they're doing can fix this mod by replacing the bytecode versions with source versions; his readme even has (geeky) instructions for how to do it (I can't quite interpret them, probably because I've never used the vanilla CS). This is a really high-priority mod to fix. I'll PayPal US$20 to whoever first provides an OpenMW-compatible version.

Try this: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwtCkW ... sp=sharing

I have only tested it with few manually added followers, but it looks like it works.
On GitHub as kunesj, on GitLab as kunesj.
OS: Linux Mint 17, CPU: Intel Core i5-3330, RAM: 16GB, GPU: GeForce GTX 650Ti, OpenMW: from source