Morrowind Playthrough Style Idea

Not about OpenMW? Just about Morrowind in general? Have some random babble? Kindly direct it here.
Naiden

Morrowind Playthrough Style Idea

Post by Naiden »

Hello all, first and foremost, this being a first post : a heartfelt thank you for openmw, seriously, you're great!

Like many here, I've played Morrowind many times and found myself overpowered to the point where its too easy. Desiring more of a challenge I came up with a way to play Morrowind in a more down to earth style. The premise is simple, only major skills. Running and jumping being the norm, Athletics and Acrobatics take up two of the five majors. That leaves one skill for armor, one for melee attacks and the last skill defines the character.

For example, I attempted to do this recently with a character that had Long Blade, Heavy Armor, Speechcraft, Athletics, and Acrobatics. Speechcraft for bribes, 2h long swords to not allow block, but heavy shield to not trigger unarmored. Slept only in beds, and had NPCs repair my gear. No enchanted items, no potions, or scrolls unless necessary to progress the storyline.

I got to the point where I had to run incursions within the Ghost Gate and it became near impossible.

I decided to try something else and tried tes3mp on Nerevarine Prophecies, and that was quite fun.

Now imagine the playthrough : a group of adventurers set out to explore Vvardenfell and must rely on each others strengths : it suddenly plays like a balanced MMO, with tanks, healers, dps, etc, etc. Heal on touch/target becomes more necessary, the dps with the paralyze on touch dagger becomes vital instead of turning the game easy because the big baddies might one-shot the tank.

I think a multiplayer ruleset like this would be epic and I thank you for your consideration if you ever try it.
Tes96

Re: Morrowind Playthrough Style Idea

Post by Tes96 »

I don't really like playing multiplayer with other people but I like the features of tes3mp, such as time not stopping when in menu mode or dialogue mode, and having a chatbox or some kind of text box to type in while I'm playing. I used that for RP purposes in ESO where I'd type something like "player suddenly felt a sense of unease"; things you can't get from just watching the gameplay.

I'd like to have a party of NPC companions where each one served a valuable purpose, as my character is a healer and needs a DPS and tank and scout. What I would really like is having one of the NPCs lead the party and my character could follow, instead of my character always being the leader. Companion AI still needs lots of improvement.