BSOD on windows

Not about OpenMW? Just about Morrowind in general? Have some random babble? Kindly direct it here.
ezzetabi

Re: BSOD on windows

Post by ezzetabi »

pvdk wrote:
ezzetabi wrote:The fact the Windows default driver for the keyboard crashes the system when a key is pressed is fault of the Toshiba? Seriously?
Happens on Linux too. I wanted to make a similar witty remark but decided not to when finding all kinds of kernel panic bugreports regarding Fn-keys on Linux :)
Still not fault of Toshiba... Isn't it?

Edit: well... it might be actually. It is possible that pressing Fn overwrites random pieces of memory?
pvdk

Post by pvdk »

ezzetabi wrote:Edit: well... it might be actually. It is possible that pressing Fn overwrites random pieces of memory?
Wow that's a scary thought!
psi29a
Gitlab profile: https://gitlab.com/psi29a/

Post by psi29a »

pvdk wrote:
ezzetabi wrote:Edit: well... it might be actually. It is possible that pressing Fn overwrites random pieces of memory?
Wow that's a scary thought!
I've seen that before on supermicro and tyan boards when 'legacy usb' is enabled, it would use a part of RAM which of course would kernel panic Linux and BSOD windows. It was not until after running memtest86+ that I narrowed it down to RAM and swapped it out with new RAM to have the same problem. In the BIOS I turned everything off and started running memtest86+ after turning each option on one at a time.

Anyway, good luck!