BattleJuice Alchemist - RPG by former MW modder

Not about OpenMW? Just about Morrowind in general? Have some random babble? Kindly direct it here.
Spyder

BattleJuice Alchemist - RPG by former MW modder

Post by Spyder »

Hi OpenMWers,

it has been a very long time since I posted on this forum and I hope it is fine to post here in the off topic section. I am Alain and for many years I worked with Zini and the Titans of Ether on the very ambitious mod "Ultima IX Redemption" which was unfortunately cancelled. For over two years I have now been working as a solo dev on the RPG BattleJuice Alchemist, which last Tuesday was approved by Valve to be sold on Steam. I wanted to share and discuss this in the ancient Titans of Ether forum, which sadly does not exist anymore. I remember Zini originally started OpenMW to help us work on Ultima IX Redemption. But OpenMW has become his main baby and is an impressive achievement! It is amazing what you guys do and I can't wait to see what's more to come. I only once did some tests on NIF files for Zini and OpenMW but was not involved in the project more than that. But I am sure you guys are RPG enthusiasts as the Ultima IX Redemption community was and might be interested in seeing a game from someone who loves RPGs and game development as much as you do.

As "Alchemical Works" I make the game BattleJuice Alchemist that will launch on Steam in late 2021. I work with Unreal Engine and do everything myself: all the programming, 3D and 2D design, animations, music and so on. BattleJuice Alchemist is a singleplayer indie action RPG with realtime close combat and unique deck-building mechanics. The world is procedurally generated and the game is played both in top down and third person view. I don't want to bore you with the details and let the cinematic and the gameplay trailer speak for themselves:

Cinematic trailer: https://youtu.be/Mjl3sGcgK4c

Gameplay trailer: https://youtu.be/uJdlX6ftiGo

Over last two years I have been putting all my time, heart and soul into this game. I hope you guys like the feel of the game so far and I will happily answer your questions here. I hope Zini reads this and gets in touch!
Greendogo

Re: BattleJuice Alchemist - RPG by former MW modder

Post by Greendogo »

Very cool! Super unique looking 3D aesthetic! Thanks for posting.
Spyder

Re: BattleJuice Alchemist - RPG by former MW modder

Post by Spyder »

Thanks Greendogo! The look is quite simple and rough, but the best I can do as one guy ;) I'm glad you like it!