Stronger Cleaver of St. Felms

Not about OpenMW? Just about Morrowind in general? Have some random babble? Kindly direct it here.
offspring1mc

Stronger Cleaver of St. Felms

Post by offspring1mc »

Hey guys I love what yall have done with openmw. I was just seeing if you guys know anyone who can make the Cleaver of St. Felms stronger then a daedric war axe and have a stronger enchantment. Like 15-20 fire dame and 15-20 magic drain caste when strike. Please let me know if you know anyone who can do that or teach me how to do it. Thanks in advance and have a good day.
Husaco

Re: Stronger Cleaver of St. Felms

Post by Husaco »

offspring1mc wrote: 02 Apr 2020, 03:50 Hey guys I love what yall have done with openmw. I was just seeing if you guys know anyone who can make the Cleaver of St. Felms stronger then a daedric war axe and have a stronger enchantment. Like 15-20 fire dame and 15-20 magic drain caste when strike. Please let me know if you know anyone who can do that or teach me how to do it. Thanks in advance and have a good day.
Hey offspring1mc,
This is fortunately trivial to achieve both in the original Construction Set and OpenMW's OpenMW-CS. Considering it should take only a few minutes to do, I may as well just give instructions so you can do it yourself.

I'll go ahead and assume you'll install OpenMW-CS. When it launches it should give you the options to create a new game file, new addon or modify an existing file. In this case, we're making an addon so choose that.
From there, you will see a dialogue box asking you to chose what content you want to modify. In this case, we want to select Morrowind.esm in the top box and tick the box for Tribunal.esp in the lower field, as we're modifying Tribunal content. Then pick a name for the file and click create.

From here, you'll have an empty window with several menu options to get lost in. In this case we're only concerned with two of them, and we may as well deal with the cleaver object itself first.

Navigate to World->Objects, and a giant list will pop up. We want to look for the cleaver, which UESP tells me is internally named 'cleaverstfelms'. Once you find the record, you can right click and select 'Edit Record' to change whatever we want about it.
There are a lot of options in this menu, but the ones you've asked about are the damage values and the enchantment. The damage values are very straightforward: simply type a new number where applicable. For the cleaver, you first want to increase the maximum chop damage, but just as easily you could change the weight, gold value, etc.

The enchantment here is slightly more complicated, but not by much. The record gives the enchantment as 'stfelms_en', and you can find it under Mechanics->Enchantments or save yourself some time and right click on the enchantment field and open it directly. From here you can change what kind of enchantment it is (you don't need to do this in this case), change how much charge the weapon has and how much the enchantment costs, and in the lower field add/modify/remove magic effects. The first two are just as easy as every else, but the latter is a bit finicky at the moment.

In this field, if you right click, you can add or remove effects (or rows, as the information is stored), and double click on any of the entries to modify the information there. To make the fire damage effect, for example, we could change 'Feather' to 'FireDamage', 'Self' to 'Touch' and Min Magnitude to 15. The drain magicka effect would be made in much the same way.

Once you're satisfied with what you've done, all you have to do is save the file (File->Save or Ctrl-S) and you're ready to use it. Open the OpenMW Launcher, navigate to the Data Files menu and tick the box for your new addon file. Your cleaver should have the modifications you added to it the next time you play the game. If the axe is missing from your inventory (though it shouldn't be), you can readd it in the console (press ~ to open) with the command

Code: Select all

player->additem cleaverstfelms 1
Of course, this barely scratches the surface of what OpenMW-CS can do. Feel free to experiment in it and read the manual here.
Attachments
cleaverstfelms.zip
Here's the file anyway
(489 Bytes) Downloaded 168 times