Learning C++

Not about OpenMW? Just about Morrowind in general? Have some random babble? Kindly direct it here.
FutureWorld

Re: Learning C++

Post by FutureWorld »

If I were to start learning new low level language now, I'd pick Rust.
psi29a
Gitlab profile: https://gitlab.com/psi29a/

Post by psi29a »

I agree
Mantar

Post by Mantar »

Well, once you've learned one programming language, the next one gets easier.
psi29a
Gitlab profile: https://gitlab.com/psi29a/

Post by psi29a »

Depends...
fts1ktv8l9t51.jpg
AnyOldName3

Post by AnyOldName3 »

Learning C# makes learning Java harder because suddenly you hate Java for being an objectively worse C# that makes you do extra typing and thinking for no good reason whatsoever.
PerryHugh

Post by PerryHugh »

I started with C++ and don't regret it at all. Though, that was back in 2012 and I was learning C++03, the language has changed dramatically since. Unsure which I'd recommend, either C++ or C, as a first language today. C++ is probably just as good a choice as it was for me back then.
ArashiAganawa

Post by ArashiAganawa »

Just to update everyone (since this thread seems to be active again) I'm almost done with my coursework on Python and will be moving onto C++. Honestly I'm enjoying it as it engages my problem solving skills. I've been looking over the code for OpenMW as well, and learning more of Python has somehow made it more understandable. I'm hoping that, by the time I'm done with all my coding and computer classes, I'll be able to help out on this project in some way, be it small or large. Currently I'm working on an App that would be a fun tool to have for Morrowind players, and will eventually expand to include all ES games. My desire is to have it have an alchemy section, interactive map, enchanting section, character planner, and probably some other odds and ends. Seeing your code actually come to life is a lot of fun, when it works how it should that is... and then there's the one place where you forget a simple colon or semicolon and the code doesn't work, good times.