teleportation spells don't work

Not about OpenMW? Just about Morrowind in general? Have some random babble? Kindly direct it here.
rstevenson1976

teleportation spells don't work

Post by rstevenson1976 »

not sure if it's 'just me or everyone but no one noticed. but none of the teleportation spells work. mark/recall alsimvi(sp?)/divine intervention. pretty sure it's only been since 0.41.0 went live. and no, even scrolls/jewelry don't work
TechNoirMK

Re: teleportation spells don't work

Post by TechNoirMK »

Spoiler: Show
Is your MW installation alright? It may not work properly - my Russian MW used to bring "!" errors all over the place.
raevol

Post by raevol »

Works fine here?
rstevenson1976

Post by rstevenson1976 »

well, all else considered, the installation looks ok to me, everything is fine, I just can't use teleportation spells. anybody have any advice on how to track down the problem? because "it works alright for me" doesn't help very much
MiroslavR

Post by MiroslavR »

rstevenson1976 wrote:well, all else considered, the installation looks ok to me, everything is fine, I just can't use teleportation spells. anybody have any advice on how to track down the problem? because "it works alright for me" doesn't help very much
Your openmw.log and savegame would be useful.
rstevenson1976

Post by rstevenson1976 »

MiroslavR wrote:
rstevenson1976 wrote:well, all else considered, the installation looks ok to me, everything is fine, I just can't use teleportation spells. anybody have any advice on how to track down the problem? because "it works alright for me" doesn't help very much
Your openmw.log and savegame would be useful.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/5do4y3m61pgpt ... ar.gz?dl=0

done and done
MiroslavR

Post by MiroslavR »

You uploaded openmw.cfg instead of openmw.log. Anyway, I cannot reproduce the issue with your savegame. Might be worth trying with mods disabled.
rstevenson1976

Post by rstevenson1976 »

my bad
Spoiler: Show

that's the log
Capostrophic

Post by Capostrophic »

Cannot reproduce too, Almsivi Intervention on that save teleports the character to Vivec High Fane, Divine Intervention teleports to Pelagiad fort, and Recall... well, Recall doesn't do anything because there is no Mark, but you can place it and Recall will teleport the character correctly.

What exactly does happen when you use the spells? Nothing but visual effects?
rstevenson1976

Post by rstevenson1976 »

yeah, just visual effects, I thought at first it was a corrupted save file again, used to happen every time there was a new version, then I thought it might be a mod, but nope, new character with no mods, I get the visuals of teleporting, but I don't actually teleport

EDIT
since the ppa still seems to be hosed, trying to launch the game installed that way is nothing but open gl errors, and I haven't been able to build from source in over a year, I use https://goo.gl/NVlZQJ to install the game