[U IX:R] Titans of Ether announcement?

Not about OpenMW? Just about Morrowind in general? Have some random babble? Kindly direct it here.
psi29a
Gitlab profile: https://gitlab.com/psi29a/

Re: [U IX:R] Titans of Ether announcement?

Post by psi29a »

Can't wait! :)
Zini

Post by Zini »

Another update: The first part of the release should happen on Monday, if nothing else goes wrong. That will be the complete download with a generic MW-modding license.

The 2nd step will follow later and may require a bit of assistance, since with all the work on Corven we just don't have the time to do it on our own.

The plan is to re-license those graphical assets that were made by our own 3D artists. Something CC-ish will probably do. None of us is too familiar with content licenses and the topic is to some degree open to discussion.
The problem here is that we do not have a list of these files (we never planned for this kind of re-licensing). What I can do is to go through the assets and make a list of the Redemption-made meshes. Someone else would then have to compile a file list from that (including animations and textures) and these we could release under the agreed upon license.

I hope that is an acceptable solution.
psi29a
Gitlab profile: https://gitlab.com/psi29a/

Post by psi29a »

Super news, thank you!

What kind of license is the MW modding license? Hopefully not the Bethesda EULA, because that would prevent re-licensing from what I understand. What is the goal of the release, perhaps we can nail the license issue right at the beginning to avoid re-licensing later?

Were there any assets based on previous assets (3rd party) or 'worse' Morrowind itself? Just trying to cover your asses and ours. :)

Is there anything I can do to help?
Zini

Post by Zini »

What kind of license is the MW modding license? Hopefully not the Bethesda EULA, because that would prevent re-licensing from what I understand. What is the goal of the release, perhaps we can nail the license issue right at the beginning to avoid re-licensing later?
The generic wishy-washy type you typically see within MW modding. Basically just a general permission to use it as you please within the context of MW modding. No re-licensing of the project as a whole, I am afraid. Reason:
Were there any assets based on previous assets (3rd party) or 'worse' Morrowind itself? Just trying to cover your asses and ours
Yes to both. We have permission to use the 3rd party assets but that's it. And there are plenty of retextured original MW models.
Is there anything I can do to help?
Maybe. If something comes up, I'll let you know.
Zini

Post by Zini »

That went a bit quicker than expected. Enjoy!
DestinedToDie

Post by DestinedToDie »

A nice surprise! I've been a fan of trying out TC mods on Morrowind. Probably burned through most of them now, but was really waiting to get my hands on Ultima, even though I've never played an Ultima game. I'm just curious to see how fans have created entirely new worlds. Gonna play this for a few hours before I go to bed.
Zini

Post by Zini »

Just so we are clear. There isn't much to play. This is mostly a walking simulator. See previous postings for an explanation.
DestinedToDie

Post by DestinedToDie »

That's fine. Most TCs are that way. I can appreciate the art, level design and effort.
DestinedToDie

Post by DestinedToDie »

I hope you don't mind but I decided to spread the word that the Ultima mod got released. That way more people can catch wind of it and play it, maybe someone will even pick it up and continue modding the game.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Morrowind/comm ... h=0e2d0c0d