Morrowind Triple Hemophilia

Not about OpenMW? Just about Morrowind in general? Have some random babble? Kindly direct it here.
hlamas

Morrowind Triple Hemophilia

Post by hlamas »

Both in Morrowind and OpenMW:

If you get infected with three Porphyric Hemophilias from different clans, when you transform into a vampire, the Quarra clan seems to take precedence over the Aundae clan which takes precedence over the Berne clan.

Does anybody know why it behaves in such an order?
Chris

Re: Morrowind Triple Hemophilia

Post by Chris »

hlamas wrote:Does anybody know why it behaves in such an order?
If I were to guess, I would think the script that watches for you having the vampire diseases checks Quarra, Aundae, and Berne in that order. So after three days it notices you have it from Quarra first and turns you into that, removing or ignoring the other diseases.
hlamas

Re: Morrowind Triple Hemophilia

Post by hlamas »

Thanks for the reply. I found the script: VampireCheck:

;this is a global scritp that constantly runs checking for the blood disease that causes vampirism
;there are three blood diseases that cause this. You can only get one.
;So if you have one, or are a vampire, then the new one is removed.

;check which one they have and give the goods.
if ( player->GetSpell "Vampire Blood Quarra" == 1 )
StartScript Vampire_Quarra_PC

elseif ( player->GetSpell "Vampire Blood Aundae" == 1 )
StartScript Vampire_Aundae_PC

elseif ( player->GetSpell "Vampire Blood Berne" == 1 )
StartScript Vampire_Berne_PC

But where is the calculation for the chance of catching the disease? That seems where the developer oversight took place, and it's the reason why you can get multiple hemophilias. Each of the vampire scripts (Vampire_xxx) attached to the NPCs responsible for making you a vampire has something like this:

if ( done == 0 )
AddSpell, "Vampire Blood Aundae" ;this is the blood disease

Doesn't seem like that does any calculation, and you don't always get infected when getting hit/ searching a vampire corpse.