Lysol's normal mapped texture packs

Not about OpenMW? Just about Morrowind in general? Have some random babble? Kindly direct it here.
Chris

Re: Lysol's normal mapped texture packs

Post by Chris »

rstevenson1976 wrote:I can confirm, Linux is case specific, T in texture must be capitalized to work
No, it doesn't need to be capitalized to work. OpenMW handles mismatched cases (since even the vanilla esms don't always specify the correct case for the files, let alone all the preexisting mods). What can confuse it is if you have case variations of a file in the same directory, but it's not a problem as long as each mod has its own data directory (which is the proper way to handle mods in OpenMW) and it isn't all dumped into one place.
darkbasic

Post by darkbasic »

Anyway if for whichever reason he will make yet another release I think it should be fixed.
magamo

Post by magamo »

I can confirm that each data directory listed in openmw.cfg can have a Textures/ or textures/ directory (and this doesn't have to be consistent from data directory to data directory) This works just fine in OpenMW under Linux.
raevol

Post by raevol »

Just wanted to say these are awesome, keep up the great work Lysol! I love how when running these the game doesn't look "different"... it just looks Better!!
lysol

Post by lysol »

raevol wrote:Just wanted to say these are awesome, keep up the great work Lysol! I love how when running these the game doesn't look "different"... it just looks Better!!
That's great! Just what I wanted. Thanks raevol!
TheMechanist

Post by TheMechanist »

Have you already created a thread on the official forums? I think this project would give OpenMW quite a popularity boost there :D
ezze

Post by ezze »

lysol wrote:
raevol wrote:Just wanted to say these are awesome, keep up the great work Lysol! I love how when running these the game doesn't look "different"... it just looks Better!!
That's great! Just what I wanted. Thanks raevol!
I usually also like "vanillaesque" new textures, but there are cases where authors actually deviate and improve. I remember I was using a replacer that made Dwemer ruins all rusty and Daedric shrine made of yellow bricks and it looked gorgeous.
So, feel free to use your artistic side :D
lysol

Post by lysol »

Sure, but everybody does that. You already have hundreds of them. Few actually makes vanilla friendly high res replacers though.
TheMechanist wrote:Have you already created a thread on the official forums? I think this project would give OpenMW quite a popularity boost there :D
No I haven't. Don't have a user there anyway, so I think the nexus is enough.
Amenophis

Post by Amenophis »

@Lysol DarkElfGuy has a youtube channel and makes showcases with Morrowind Mods. If you drop there I think he could present your retextures and drag a bigger audience over your work. Of course it will show off the OpenMW engine, too.
Just open a new thread, show your pics and I think the people will start to talk about.

Look here his thread: http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/154178 ... owcases-4/
lysol

Post by lysol »

Looks like I started with another pack today.

Added parallax mapping to this wall first, but it looked really really strange. Might take a screenshot and show you later. I'm actually starting to get the feeling that parallax maps aren't really working as they are supposed to.

Anyway, this is how it looks with only normal maps.

http://imgur.com/YvvoqgU