Lysol's normal mapped texture packs

Not about OpenMW? Just about Morrowind in general? Have some random babble? Kindly direct it here.
AnyOldName3

Re: Lysol's normal mapped texture packs

Post by AnyOldName3 »

I'm not 100% sure it helps much to atlass things explicitly now object paging is a thing, or at least hopefully it won't once active grid paging is sorted out.
CMAugust

Post by CMAugust »

Hmm, from what I can tell there is no automated atlasing going on with object paging. Project Atlas will still have its place unless that is true, no?
clocknova

Post by clocknova »

lysol wrote: 24 Jun 2020, 09:42 There was no modding forum back when this thread was created IIRC. Otherwise I would have obviously put it there instead.

Nope, I haven't, sorry. I started out with the imperial forts, but ran into issues with the parallax map. It simply isn't compatible with the atlas as of now.
Okay. Thanks for the reply. Your normal mapped textures are still my favorites. Would love to see you do more if you ever get the time.

What I would really love to see, however, is a comprehensive mesh & texture replacement pack (like Intelligent Textures) that is atlased and fully normal, spec, and parallax mapped. Right now my mesh/texure replacers folder is a hodgepodge of different packs, and I'm not always sure which one is overwriting what over the others.
lysol

Post by lysol »

Not a new "pack", but a normal mapped (and specular mapped!) replacer none the less.

Lysol's Steel Claymore Replacer

And here is the same mod, but on the nexus instead of moddinghall
Atahualpa

Post by Atahualpa »

Cool! I'll definitely try it out later - although running around with a steel claymore isn't really suitable for a typical late-game character...

Maybe do daedric weapons next? :twisted:
AnyOldName3

Post by AnyOldName3 »

The Morrowind model was based on a real sword - to the point that parts of the texture were literally just a photo of the sword. That's going to make it harder to find the same quality of references for daedric weapons.
lysol

Post by lysol »

True, but this wasn't the reason I did this particular sword. I just liked the sword and thought it was of poor quality. But sure, it was great to have a high quality reference to look at when doing the sword and it allowed me to understand exactly what the very low res Bethesda texture was representing. If I make a replacer for something that is not a real weapon (daedric for example), I'll just use my imagination more.

But fear not. Tomorrow, I'll have my wife and son back home from her parents place. I won't have any more time to do stuff as I have the past week. :P So maybe the Daedric sword next year?!
Atahualpa

Post by Atahualpa »

lysol wrote: 18 Mar 2021, 21:17 So maybe the Daedric sword next year?!
Okay, I'll take your word for it. ;)