ISPs from around the World

Not about OpenMW? Just about Morrowind in general? Have some random babble? Kindly direct it here.
Greendogo

ISPs from around the World

Post by Greendogo »

Listen to the following soundcloud clip in this article:
http://www.theverge.com/2014/7/15/59010 ... ryan-block

Is your ISP as annoying and frustrating as Comcast is here in the U.S.?
Okulo

Re: ISPs from around the World

Post by Okulo »

I worked in retention. If people did not want to say why they wanted to switch, we just said: "Alright, let me just double check your personal data. ... Alright, it's done. You should have your confirmation letter within two or three days." If we would pull this on a customer we would've been unceremoniously tossed out.
silentthief

Post by silentthief »

comcast is THE WORST company I have ever dealt with for customer service. I've been in customer service answering phones from angry customers, and I was told that we never hang up on a customer no matter how abusive they get over the phone. That said, my fiance had an issue with them where she had a legitimate complaint with them where they took a payment for $240.00 and didn't give her the money applied to her account. She was always polite about it, never abusive, but she was stating her case in a logical and patient manner. The customer service people HUNG UP on her THREE TIMES.

the bank was conference called in to verify, she asked for supervisors, didn't matter. They finally after 4 months of this run around gave a credit to her account for it after she tried to cancel the account. Oh, and why do you have to press "1" for english when the person you get on the other end doesn't speak it anyways?

HATE comcast
Ascent

Post by Ascent »

I'm stuck with Comcast unfortunately. I'd love to switch to another ISP, particularly after reading about stuff such as this and this (among a long list of similiar stories) but the only alternatives in my area are undesirable. AT&T DSL is the best of the bunch and I dislike AT&T even more than Comcast.
Tarius

Post by Tarius »

I will never use comcast if I have a choice. The only way I would possibly use them is if they are only ones available period. They were one of the ISPs to just bend over for the US government willingly. I am not suprised at these other stories.