Skywind Developer Plug Video

Not about OpenMW? Just about Morrowind in general? Have some random babble? Kindly direct it here.
WeirdSexy

Re: Skywind Developer Plug Video

Post by WeirdSexy »

Okulo wrote:
indiedeveloper wrote:So with recruitment in mind, you could do a bit of smoke and mirrors and setup scenes of the "potential" future graphics.

... you could show zbrush models and state that you are working with Skywind modelling team to eventually develop complex animations and shaders with these and future models.
Do like a few environmental scenes rendered with some high polys and amazing shaders in a dedicated 3d program and state that "anything in the future is possible through this project".
I'm not a team member so who am I, but I would actually very uncomfortable with that approach. This project, as far as I can remember, has always been honest and has continuously shown a certain measure of integrity and honour. What you see the team doing is real - accuracy and openness above all. Giving the whole project an almost commercial or political spin to appeal to the masses feels to me like "selling out", a breach of that culture of integrity.
I mirror Okulo's sentiments. I refuse to do anything like that. Now ... someone use Skywind (or other high-resolution) assets to redo a region/city that can be rendered directly in OpenMW - I'll put my heart and soul into showing that!
sirherrbatka

Post by sirherrbatka »

Skywind + morrowind rebirth == win ;-)
indiedeveloper

Post by indiedeveloper »

Giving the whole project an almost commercial or political spin to appeal to the masses feels to me like "selling out", a breach of that culture of integrity.
Was just an idea, and actually that is my personal vision of OpenMW, like in 10 years time when things can be really pushed to limits not imagined before.

But would be pretty neat to see what you can get out of Orge3d.