OpenMW is trendy!

Not about OpenMW? Just about Morrowind in general? Have some random babble? Kindly direct it here.
Zedd

OpenMW is trendy!

Post by Zedd »

OpenMW is trendy (today) (on modDB) (only engines listed)!
Spoiler: Show
sirherrbatka

Re: OpenMW is trendy!

Post by sirherrbatka »

Cry Engine? Unreal Engine? Source?

Guys… Keep trying and who knows? Maybe you will be as cool as OpenMW some day. :P
Greendogo

Post by Greendogo »

sirherrbatka wrote:Cry Engine? Unreal Engine? Source?

Guys… Keep trying and who knows? Maybe you will be as cool as OpenMW some day. :P
Made me lol, :D
sirherrbatka

Post by sirherrbatka »

Why?! This is clearly the case! :lol:
silentthief

Post by silentthief »

Zedd wrote:OpenMW is trendy...
Its also listed as a "project spotlight" on freecode.com... found it there when researching something unrelated

ST
cdoublejj

Post by cdoublejj »

OMW needs all the spot light it can get. OMW is the ONLY gpl game/engine/project to ever actually make any progress and be sucesfull (this meaning may vary), form what i can tell it's because Zini is the main programmer and is very diligent. i've never seen a gpl project work so well before.
Greendogo

Post by Greendogo »

cdoublejj wrote:OMW needs all the spot light it can get. OMW is the ONLY gpl game/engine/project to ever actually make any progress and be sucesfull (this meaning may vary), form what i can tell it's because Zini is the main programmer and is very diligent. i've never seen a gpl project work so well before.
Well, don't forget the other programmers! :D

Also, OpenMW is working from a point of development that many programs don't start at - meaning we've already got all the game content, and all we need is the engine. We already know what the end result will be, so there is little rewriting and no long periods of time debating the game mechanics or game content. We're very lucky in that respect, but that's thanks to the hard working folks at Bethesda.
Tarius

Post by Tarius »

cdoublejj wrote:OMW needs all the spot light it can get. OMW is the ONLY gpl game/engine/project to ever actually make any progress and be sucesfull (this meaning may vary), form what i can tell it's because Zini is the main programmer and is very diligent. i've never seen a gpl project work so well before.
Zini seems to be a Master Code Wizard Manager in every sense of the meaning. Plus he still has a life outside of this project. Everyone who has coded is important, but without Zini, this project would be no where near as complete.

There needs to be a throne in the Example Suite dedicated to The Zini haha.
raevol

Post by raevol »

Zini is the Supreme Cat Herder. Hahaha.

Everyone who contributes to this project is amazing! Everyone who moves this effort forward should be proud of themselves, you guys are all contributing to something that is going to be huge.