Gaming mouse

Not about OpenMW? Just about Morrowind in general? Have some random babble? Kindly direct it here.
onionland

Re: Gaming mouse

Post by onionland »

Definitely not a gaming mouse but felt like adding since I've been using multiple of these things
Have been using a Microsoft Arc Touch Mouse for work purposes, and have used it for some light gaming. The compactness is really great and the ergonomics are fantastic for how compact it is. The sensitivity is also solid. The vibration motor really makes the touch wheel feel like a proper wheel.
Build quality is absolute shite though, I've been going through 3 of these throughout the roughly 4 years I've been using them, the scroll wheel is simply glued on, and inevitably starts to degrade after about a year, making it very spotty.

Would definitely recommend it simply for the ergonomics of a fold-able mouse however.
jason6320

Post by jason6320 »

It has been hailed as the world's most popular gamer mouse, and gives the pinpoint accuracy and response which includes precision ‘cut-off’ so fine that the second a gamer were to lift up their mouse it is reactive. The Razer DeathAdder Chroma is designed for gamers that enjoy extremely responsive accuracy, is comfortable, and yet still easy to use.

The DeathAdder has a reputation to uphold, and it’s ergonomic design that is very comfortable, along with a right-hand contour is no exception to the ways it handles gaming. "Claw-gripping" can be done, but it can be a little more difficult – though the rear section of the mouse was built tall enough for this to be done effectively with the right levels of experience and patience. The two primary buttons on the DeathAdder are made with fair usability, possessing lower travel distance while still giving the appropriate level of resistance during use - great for specific clicking actions during gaming.

Though the majority of gamers are very happy with the Razer DeathAdder Chroma, there are a fair amount of people still (rightfully) frustrated that the Razer’s seem to only or majority be directed at right-handed gamers. Outside of this, some would have liked to have seen more buttons for using macros, although being an easy-to-use gaming mouse with a premium grade, solid technology laser sensor it remains a top pick.
wareya

Post by wareya »

Razer's fallen from grace, there's no reason to buy from them instead of someone like Logitech or Roccat now, unless you live in a country where their stuff is really cheap. I got the abyssus v2 when it came out and it had horrible smoothing, basically felt like extra input lag, it was super obvious and I'm not saying this as a way of blaming bad performance on my hardware.
AnyOldName3

Post by AnyOldName3 »

Was Razer ever considered good? I was under the impression they'd always been considered to be overpriced and unreliable compared to their competitors, but did well because they put more into marketing.
wareya

Post by wareya »

They were the first serious gaming mouse company to provide frequent firmware/driver updates. That was a pretty big deal at the time, because gaming mice still sucked, mostly for software reasons.
Tes96

Post by Tes96 »

Can actions and hotkeys be applied to the side buttons on a gaming mouse?
AnyOldName3

Post by AnyOldName3 »

It depends on how good it is.
Atahualpa

Post by Atahualpa »

Tes96 wrote: 08 Sep 2021, 23:12 Can actions and hotkeys be applied to the side buttons on a gaming mouse?
Works partially for my mouse ("Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum"):
  • Mouse 1 --- click left mouse button
  • Mouse 2 --- click middle mouse button
  • Mouse 3 --- click right mouse button
  • Mouse 4 --- click side mouse button (rear one)
  • Mouse 5 --- click side mouse button (front one)
There are a couple more buttons which cannot be assigned. Curiously, two of the remaining buttons are mapped to "Mouse 1" and "Left Ctrl" respectively.
Tes96

Post by Tes96 »

Atahualpa wrote: 09 Sep 2021, 21:26
Tes96 wrote: 08 Sep 2021, 23:12 Can actions and hotkeys be applied to the side buttons on a gaming mouse?
Works partially for my mouse ("Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum"):
  • Mouse 1 --- click left mouse button
  • Mouse 2 --- click middle mouse button
  • Mouse 3 --- click right mouse button
  • Mouse 4 --- click side mouse button (rear one)
  • Mouse 5 --- click side mouse button (front one)
There are a couple more buttons which cannot be assigned. Curiously, two of the remaining buttons are mapped to "Mouse 1" and "Left Ctrl" respectively.
I was thinking more of a mouse like the Razer Naga Pro:
https://i.pcmag.com/imagery/reviews/02N ... 28x578.png

12 buttons on the side. It'd be nice to have weapons and spells, or Journal and other functions, that could be assigned to all 12 buttons. Or in the distant future, perhaps new actions that could be added to OpenMW via mods, like emote animations.
My friend has a mouse similar to that for ESO and the only thing he uses the keyboard for is WASD. Makes playing very convenient.
Femi

Post by Femi »

Any Logitech mouse with the lightspeed sensor is honestly the best mice I've ever owned.
Last edited by Femi on 06 Sep 2022, 16:00, edited 1 time in total.