First and foremost I would like to congratulate the OpenMW community for the great effort it has carried so far in preserving a timeless game. Through many years of development the community was not only able to reconstruct the features of the Morrowind engine and make the game easier to play on modern computers, but also to add enhanced features and mod support. Truly a feat to be remarked!
Today I am sharing an appeal by The Battle for Wesnoth development team, who is currently looking for new developers and contributors. We have decided to bring forth this appeal to other open source game projects in hopes of fostering collaboration between different community projects so we can trade skills, knowledge and benefit mutually from this.
As most of you might know, The Battle for Wesnoth is a turn-based strategy game project first started in 2003. The game is entirely open source (GNU GPLv2) with artwork licensed under CC-BY-SA.
Presently we are looking for:
- C++ programmers for core programming tasks
- Lua programmers
- Scripters willing to learn WML internal script language
- Python programmers for helping with external tools
- Pixel artists
- A video editor that can help create a trailer for the incoming stable release
- Other miscellaneous artists and programmers
Our best regards to the OpenMW community and have a nice day!