Making a race with only one playable sex?

Questions specific to OpenMW-CS can be asked, and content development related topics can be discussed here
Raatten

Making a race with only one playable sex?

Post by Raatten »

I am making a mod that adds two races, and recently moved the project over to OpenMW instead of the vanilla CS. One thing that always annoyed me with vanilla was the lack of flexibility, so I figured OpenMW was the best solution.
With this in mind, both of the races are one-gendered, so I was wondering if there exists a built-in way to do that in the current version of the OpenMW-CS?
Lamoot

Re: Making a race with only one playable sex?

Post by Lamoot »

There's no such option as far as I'm aware, a lot of the stuff is still tied to how Morrowind handles its entities. Having more freedom with this and other fundamental mechanics would be nice to have though. An important step for dehardcoding the base mechanics will be Lua scripting in 0.48.
Raatten

Post by Raatten »

Nice to know that it's on its way, if nothing else :D
It is not the most urgent thing with the mod, thankfully. So far, the stuff I've tried is waaay more flexible to work with.
Raatten

Post by Raatten »

Thinking more of it, if I just duplicate stats and models for both sexes, it would aesthetically be identical to having just one gender. A temporary workaround, I guess :-)
josephbburg

Post by josephbburg »

Raatten wrote: 05 Jun 2021, 17:41 Thinking more of it, if I just duplicate stats and models for both sexes, it would aesthetically be identical to having just one gender. A temporary workaround, I guess :-)
You don't need to do it for the art, at least, since the female will fall-back to the male art if it isn't specified.