Changing the players size

Questions specific to OpenMW-CS can be asked, and content development related topics can be discussed here
ArashiAganawa

Changing the players size

Post by ArashiAganawa »

So, I've messed around with changing my size in game, and noticed that, unlike vanilla, it allows me to fit into spaces I normally couldn't. That opens up possibilities. One question I have is, how would I make the change in size work well? What I mean is, when I change size, I can still jump the same distance as normal. Is there a way I can check the players skill in acrobatics, save it, set it really low, and then restore it when their scale is restored to normal? If so, I have a fun idea :D

As always, thank you for your help and the wonderful project you've been working on!
ArashiAganawa

Re: Changing the players size

Post by ArashiAganawa »

Update to this, so it seems I can't change the scale of things in the CS to 0.1, as they will automatically just go to 0.5 when the game is loaded. Is there anything that can be done about this? A Workaround perhaps? Basically, I need the player to become really really small and go through an area that is also very small.
AnyOldName3

Post by AnyOldName3 »

The vanilla engine clamps the scale to a range and some mods break if we don't do that (presumably because they put in smaller and smaller numbers to see if eventually things would start shrinking again.
ArashiAganawa

Post by ArashiAganawa »

AnyOldName3 wrote: 24 Feb 2021, 13:57 The vanilla engine clamps the scale to a range and some mods break if we don't do that (presumably because they put in smaller and smaller numbers to see if eventually things would start shrinking again.
I'll have to figure something else out then, thank you for taking the time to answer.
silentthief

Post by silentthief »

Yes, the scale option is corrected to half size or double size in the CS.

HOWEVER, scripts can break this limit:

https://en.uesp.net/morrow/editor/mw_cs ... l#setscale

ST
PS, have fun
ArashiAganawa

Post by ArashiAganawa »

silentthief wrote: 27 Feb 2021, 18:42 Yes, the scale option is corrected to half size or double size in the CS.

HOWEVER, scripts can break this limit:

https://en.uesp.net/morrow/editor/mw_cs ... l#setscale

ST
PS, have fun
Right, I was changing player size with a script, but the maze I needed wouldn't work like that, however I made it work at 0.5 size. It's coming along nicely, and I love the openCS scripter! Being able to see mistakes right away is nice. Forgetting to attach your script to something, then wondering why it's not work isn't :lol: