File list order in OpenMW-CS vs. OpenMW?

Questions specific to OpenMW-CS can be asked, and content development related topics can be discussed here
mikeprichard

File list order in OpenMW-CS vs. OpenMW?

Post by mikeprichard »

The top-to-bottom list order of my .esm/.esp/.omwaddon files when I select "Create a New Addon" or "Edit A Content File" in the OpenMW-CS startup menu does not match the current top-to-bottom order of my .esm/.esp/.omwaddon files in my OpenMW game data launcher. Is this incorrect CS ordering not a problem, as long as I choose the correct file dependencies from this CS list whenever I edit or create a file in the CS? If it is a problem, how exactly can I permanently correct the default ordering of this CS list so that it matches the current ordering of my OpenMW game data list? (I know I can manually move entries within the CS list up and down each time I enter the CS menu, but my changes in this respect are not saved as defaults the next time I open the CS.) Cheers!
silentthief

Re: File list order in OpenMW-CS vs. OpenMW?

Post by silentthief »

I am going to BUMP this topic and also add, is this a bug? I would think the mod dependencies should match as I *thought* they match between vanilla MW and CS
mikeprichard wrote: 24 Nov 2020, 14:33 The top-to-bottom list order of my .esm/.esp/.omwaddon files when I select "Create a New Addon" or "Edit A Content File" in the OpenMW-CS startup menu does not match the current top-to-bottom order of my .esm/.esp/.omwaddon files in my OpenMW game data launcher. Is this incorrect CS ordering not a problem, as long as I choose the correct file dependencies from this CS list whenever I edit or create a file in the CS? If it is a problem, how exactly can I permanently correct the default ordering of this CS list so that it matches the current ordering of my OpenMW game data list? (I know I can manually move entries within the CS list up and down each time I enter the CS menu, but my changes in this respect are not saved as defaults the next time I open the CS.) Cheers!
ST
ps - edit for clarity
mikeprichard

Post by mikeprichard »

Thanks, st - should I add this to the issue tracker? Not sure whether it actually causes problems, but from a user perspective it does seem off.
mikeprichard

Post by mikeprichard »

I've just opened an issue for this for better visibility, since the forums are fairly quiet:

https://gitlab.com/OpenMW/openmw/-/issues/5712
cc9cii

Post by cc9cii »

I have a simple setup without many mods and I don't see any differences - can you provide an example or two? Screenshots may help to understand the problem.
mikeprichard

Post by mikeprichard »

Thanks; I've now updated the git issue with two uploaded screenshots.