How to create a new NPC using only the OpenMW-CS?

Questions specific to OpenMW-CS can be asked, and content development related topics can be discussed here
bpeterson

How to create a new NPC using only the OpenMW-CS?

Post by bpeterson »

Topic title says most of it. :P

I'm trying to recreate the Adonthell: Waste's Edge game http://adonthell.nongnu.org/download/#wastesedge using the OpenMW-CS -- a nightly release version from a couple months ago, though I'll be updating to current later today. I've created a few classes (Servant, Innkeeper, Guard, etc) without issue.

I'm having a great deal trouble locating how to create a new NPC or creature to the assign that class to, though, which leaves my efforts dead in the water. Any assistance in finding (or implementing) this functionality would be appreciated, as I can't simply use the Bethesda CS.

Of course, if this has been implemented now, please feel free to call me an outlander. :lol:
Jemolk

Re: How to create a new NPC using only the OpenMW-CS?

Post by Jemolk »

Open an Objects window (under World), then right click and select Add Record. Select NPC from the dropdown menu, give it an ID, and hit Create.
bpeterson

Re: How to create a new NPC using only the OpenMW-CS?

Post by bpeterson »

Okay, I'll give that a try, thanks!

It's a little unintuitive to someone like me, who is mostly unfamiliar with the Bethesda CS, so I didn't think to look under "Objects".