Can scripts use the Graphic Herbalism/HerbalismSwitch feature?

Questions specific to OpenMW-CS can be asked, and content development related topics can be discussed here
KSG

Can scripts use the Graphic Herbalism/HerbalismSwitch feature?

Post by KSG »

I managed to get Advanced Herbalism working for me on 0.46. For those unfamiliar, it handles harvested plants by disabling them for a month. A script is attached to every. single. plant. that handles harvest chance, amount harvested, chance to find plantable seeds, chance to screw up and destroy the plant, etc.. It overrides OpenMW's default handling of plants. Assuming nifs that use HerbalismSwitch, is there a way I could modify the scripts to tell OpenMW to show the harvested version of the nif? Or is the scripting language still unaware of this feature?
akortunov

Re: Can scripts use the Graphic Herbalism/HerbalismSwitch feature?

Post by akortunov »

KSG wrote: 12 Jan 2020, 07:55 is the scripting language still unaware of this feature?
Yes, MWScript does not handle it. The main purpose of herbalism feature is to do not mess with scripts (and to do not change a game balance).
In theory, you can try to remove a content of container (before calling an Activate command) instead of disabling it, but keep in mind that vanilla respawn mechanics still will be used.
BugsbyBearkeley

Re: Can scripts use the Graphic Herbalism/HerbalismSwitch feature?

Post by BugsbyBearkeley »

Are there any ways to make use of NiSwitchNodes apart from HerbalismSwitch and NightDaySwitch?