Speed Management Script Woes

Questions specific to OpenMW-CS can be asked, and content development related topics can be discussed here
Magicaldave

Speed Management Script Woes

Post by Magicaldave »

Hey guys! I'm trying to get the CHIM - Movement and Stamina mod working on my TES3MP server. There are a couple of weird issues in the script that have been driving me up the wall and I was hoping someone here could help!

Here's the original version of the mod: https://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/45694

And my edited script:
Spoiler: Show
I managed to solve a handful of problems related to the script infinitely increasing your speed when running, but I think I've hit a wall when it comes to this particular line:
The intent is to calculate the player's actual speed, compare it to what your speed should be, and if it's under 65% the script assumes you are walking into a wall and under the right conditions apply a flying effect. Climbing, whoo! Works great in singleplayer but for some reason TES3MP is a bit more finicky and the script tends to think you're climbing ALL THE TIME. Or at least most of the time. So questions:

1) It seems like it's not calculating speed accurately, like at all. fBaseRunMultiplier is 1.75, fMinWalkSpeed is 100, and I have completely disabled fAthleticsRunBonus and fEncumberedMoveEffect so it seems like it should be. Here is how xyspeed is generated, can anyone comment on its accuracy? I feel like I'm missing some part of the movement speed formula here.

2) I'd REALLY like to be able to use fEncumberedMoveEffect on my server alongside this mod if possible, but it doesn't seems like there's any mechanism in the scripting engine to get a player's current encumbrance. Is this the case, or has some enterprising scripter found a workaround for this?

Thanks for any help, guys! Love OpenMW.