Invisible Assets

Questions specific to OpenMW-CS can be asked, and content development related topics can be discussed here
Kairoslair

Invisible Assets

Post by Kairoslair »

Sry if this is a noob problem, but I am pretty new to modding with OpenMW. Morrowind is one of my favorite games of all time, so I decided to jump back into it. But, like everyone knows, vanilla Morrowind just looks like trash. The modding community has always come to the rescue for that though (for the most part), so I thought I would give it a shot. After tinkering around in OpenMW-CS for a bit, I was pleasantly surprised at what it can do even in its early stages!

For the most part it has also been fairly simple to pick up, even for a noob like myself. Anyways, for my first task I decided to just do a simple mix/edit of various mods combined for one town. These are mods that wouldnt normally work together due to some objects sharing the same space. Ex: grass growing out of a crate, etc... So I planned to load the mods and simply move one of the conflicting items to a different spot, and possibly add more content down the road and save it as an omwaddon.

All was working very well, until I loaded the omwaddon into OpenMW and played. The things I moved worked perfectly, but there were other objects I didnt remember being there in the CS. Long story short after going back and forth checking it over, certain objects were not rendering in the CS view screen. At first I thought it had to do with a certain mod, so I started over without that mod. But then other objects from another mod that I could see before, then vanished. I have tried for days mixing and matching and limiting the amount of mods used, and always there are objects that dont show in CS that are in gameplay. It is extremely difficult to shift items around or remove them when you cant see them... Any suggestions?
irrertita

Invisible Assets

Post by irrertita »

PNG > JPG. Always.

Also. Nyancat button plz =.=

the_real_seebs
Most of those images are already in the datafiles and can be ripped from there...I THINK they are mostly .dds