[Solved] Disappearing statics?

Questions specific to OpenMW-CS can be asked, and content development related topics can be discussed here
Chris

Re: [Solved] Disappearing statics?

Post by Chris »

psi29a wrote: 16 May 2018, 10:01
Chris wrote: 16 May 2018, 09:56 No, because applying LOD to collision is just asking for trouble. If LOD meshes contain a collision mesh, it would be ignored. Either the full collision mesh would be used because things can collide with it, or there is no collision because it's out of the play area.
So in theory, we could have actors/npcs/monsters running through trees, houses, castles, etc..
If it's possible for an actor to exist somewhere, it should be considered close enough for the other object's collision model to exist. Though this would need some fixes to not be strictly cell-based (or to search more cells to see if any have objects that cross into a loaded cell, and ensure their collision is loaded).
I was worried about if gravity is applied, is it the collision mesh that keeps it from falling through the terrain? (Yes,I know.. they aren't statics.)
The collision shape prevent actors from falling through the terrain, which don't use collision meshes (they use capsules or cylinders, which do point tests with scales and offsets, instead of a mesh). Statics and activators don't have gravity applied, so wouldn't fall. In the future, with things like rigid bodies using custom collision meshes, the full collision LOD would be used regardless of the visual LOD.
TheOneWhoWatches

Post by TheOneWhoWatches »

Thanks for information everybody! =)
TheOneWhoWatches

Post by TheOneWhoWatches »

A bit of offtopic question:
I have a "world" with 4 statics of 288 575 triangles in total (see 3ds screenshot, it says "polys", but it matches the approx. sum of triangles for objects)

But OpenMW screenshot says there's up to 9-10 mln triangles. when the player looks down

Are all the additional ones come from the "default" water/land?
Is there any way to disable/cull it (whole or partially) when it's not visible?
As far as I remember, internal cells have water too, so using them is not an option?..

I know that it's my fault that I set cell load distance to 35, but still... That's a bit too much for an empty space that is not visible to the player right now (and most of the time it won't be visible).

Or did I screw something up in the settings?

relevant options:

distant terrain = true
exterior cell load distance = 35
viewing distance = 265698.0
shader = false
Attachments
openmw001.jpg
3ds.jpg