Launching OpenMW from OpenMW-CS

Questions specific to OpenMW-CS can be asked, and content development related topics can be discussed here
DestinedToDie

Launching OpenMW from OpenMW-CS

Post by DestinedToDie »

So I´ve tried this in the past and always got the same message. The game crashes.

http://i.imgur.com/E8usFuX.png

Anyone know how to set this up? Or is it bugged? Or incomplete feature?

Also whenever I make a debug profile and save, it forgets it the next time I open OpenMW-CS.
Atahualpa

Re: Launching OpenMW from OpenMW-CS

Post by Atahualpa »

AFAIK, this feature was disabled for the time being because of, ehm... *starts forum search*

Edit: It seems I mixed things up. The function to start OpenMW from the current camera postion is disabled but it should be possible to run OpenMW on a debug profile. I get the same error you ended up with.
Zini

Post by Zini »

Last time I checked this feature was fully functional. Both the regular game start and starting from camera position. First thing to check would be the state of the project file (to be found in the projects directory alongside your saves directory). Does this update when you create a new debug profile and save?
Zini

Post by Zini »

I just tested it. Still works flawlessly for me. So probably not a regression.
DestinedToDie

Post by DestinedToDie »

I cleared my list of projects and made a new profile. Checked to see if it showed up in the directory and it did. Still getting the error message on launching OpenMW though. I´m on windows btw.

http://i.imgur.com/q8131Mv.png

ERROR: Failed loading ExampleSuite.omwaddon.project: the content file does not exist

So my file is obviously in the right place, but maybe OpenMW-CS is looking elsewhere?

Edit: Seems this was the case. I copied my ExampleSuite.omwaddon.project file into the game data folder and now it works like a charm.
Zini

Post by Zini »

That is indeed a path problem. Apparently OpenMW-CS can't find the project directory under Windows. Could you file a bug report, please?
DestinedToDie

Post by DestinedToDie »

Done.
Zini

Post by Zini »

Can you test again with the current master branch? (obviously you would have to remove the project file from the data directory for this test)
DestinedToDie

Post by DestinedToDie »

Downloaded Ace's nightly 0.40.0
c32f6a46dd353eb22d929383e15b7d8b90989e82
a632974998480bf949dc689c88dd82bc73fc5898

Deleted the projects from game and project folder. Remade debug profile. I still encounter the same issue of failing to find the project file.
aesylwinn

Post by aesylwinn »

That's from several days ago. It wouldn't have the fix.