Anyway to detect if player is lockpicking?

Questions specific to OpenMW-CS can be asked, and content development related topics can be discussed here
gebruikVonCookies

Anyway to detect if player is lockpicking?

Post by gebruikVonCookies »

Hi there, Morrowind modding newb here. I'm trying to make a mod to add an equipable key that will unlock and relock a door associated with it. The easiest I've found to do this so far is create a new lockpick and change the mesh to that of the key. The lockpick has the animation and partial functionality I'm looking for, but right now I've got a script on the load door that is supposed to check for right key and then do the locking/unlocking etc, but can't find a way to actually detect if player is making a lockpick attempt (Something like HitAttemptOnMe, but for a door/container). I've been googling and digging through the Scripting for Dummies guide but haven't found anything.

Here's my current script: a makeshift attempt that achieves basically the same functionality using OnActivate, which I'd prefer to not use so the player can actually "use" the key and have the animation.

Code: Select all

if (OnActivate == 1)
	set hasKey to (player->HasItemEquipped "key_vorar_equip")
	if hasKey == 1
		if(GetLocked == 0)
			Lock 35
			PlaySound3D, "Open Lock Fail"
		else
			Unlock
			PlaySound3D, "Open Lock"
		endif
	else
		Activate
	endif
endif
Not sure if what I want is possible until the big dehardcoding but I am new to this so wanted to see if anyone knew and hear your thoughts!

Cheers!
VonCookies