OpenMW 0.47.0 Released!

Feel free to discuss here about news on our blog
NordPaladin

Re: OpenMW 0.47.0 Released!

Post by NordPaladin »

testman wrote: 14 Nov 2021, 17:19
NordPaladin wrote: 14 Nov 2021, 04:22 There will be no support for Steam?
What do you mean? OpenMW supports the Steam version of Morrowind just fine.

not sure how it would be done on Windows, or if it is even possible, but on Linux you can make Steam run Morrowind directly with OpenMW using Luxtorpeda
First you write (even claiming) - OpenMW supports the Steam version of Morrowind just fine. then (now you doubt) - not sure how it would be done on Windows, or if it is even possible.

You contradict yourself. I'm sure you don't know anything.
Here's what it looks like to launch a game from the program. And where do you see Steam here?
Spoiler: Show
And yes, 1920x1080 doesn't work. There are wide black stripes on the sides of the screen.
Spoiler: Show
psi29a
Gitlab profile: https://gitlab.com/psi29a/

Post by psi29a »

I think there is a language problem here, testman it pretty knowledgable and wasn't contradicting himself.

OpenMW is currently not on Steam, but you can add it as a non-Steam application you can launch.

OpenMW supports the version of Morrowind shipped with Steam.

OpenMW supports any resolution you specify in the settings file, we give standard resolutions in the launcher (which the Qt library detects from what your OS tells it.

1920x1080 should work just fine.

The black bars on the left and right of the title image are because the image being shown is in 4:3 ratio, which was typical of any game released in 2002. There is an option to stretch this if you want and there are mods that give a real 16:9 ratio image. If you play the game, you'll see that OpenMW uses the full screen in the correct aspect ratio.
darkbasic

Post by darkbasic »

NordPaladin wrote: 15 Nov 2021, 09:30 You contradict yourself. I'm sure you don't know anything.
Who the h3ll do you think you are to treat someone who tried to help you that way?
He didn't contradict hisself, you simply misinterpreted the informations he provided because you're the one who's not knowledgeable about the game.
NordPaladin

Post by NordPaladin »

psi29a wrote: 15 Nov 2021, 12:07 but you can add it as a non-Steam application you can launch.
It won't be the same anymore. The hours spent in the game will not be taken into account.
psi29a wrote: 15 Nov 2021, 12:07 OpenMW supports the version of Morrowind shipped with Steam.
I do not argue, but the settings from OpenMW will no longer be included in the Steam version. I wrote about the fact that the OpenMW program does not see the Steam version being saved.
NordPaladin

Post by NordPaladin »

darkbasic wrote: 15 Nov 2021, 16:05 because you're the one who's not knowledgeable about the game.
I do not dispute that I do not understand the program, but I know well about the ent games.
klorax

Post by klorax »

NordPaladin wrote: 16 Nov 2021, 09:50 I do not argue, but the settings from OpenMW will no longer be included in the Steam version. I wrote about the fact that the OpenMW program does not see the Steam version being saved.
From an application perspective OpenMW does not have anything to do with any version of Morrowind, Steam or otherwise, it only uses the content from Morrowind, and can load many Add-ons and Saves from it.

Bringing a save from Steam should only be a copy/paste job. I don't know if OpenMW ever has automatically monitored saves from any version of original Morrowind, but that should probably not be too difficult to do manually with something like a soft (symbolic) link in the filesystem.

From the FAQ:
OpenMW is a free, open source, and modern engine which re-implements and extends the 2002 Gamebryo engine for the open-world role-playing game The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind.
OpenMW is a game engine recreation and only replaces the program. OpenMW does not come with any “content” or “asset” – namely the art, game data, and other copyrighted material that you need to play the game as designed by Bethesda Softworks. You have to provide this content yourself by installing Morrowind and then configuring OpenMW to use the existing installation.
stain

Post by stain »

There is no 0.47 32-bit in Ubuntu ppa. :(
OpenMW 0.46 is running pretty fine on 32-bit Linux Mint 19.3. Linux Mint 19.3 is still supported.
Please, could you make an official 0.47 build for i386? As far as i can see Debian has managed to build 0.47 i386, so could have Ubuntu.
It's no time to ditch still capable hardware and there are still 32-bit OSes around.

Thank you for the release. :)
psi29a
Gitlab profile: https://gitlab.com/psi29a/

Post by psi29a »

Sorry. No, we will not officially support 32-bit versions of OpenMW.

Only x86_64 and arm64.
freem

Post by freem »

stain wrote: 10 Jan 2022, 01:36 There is no 0.47 32-bit in Ubuntu ppa. :(
OpenMW 0.46 is running pretty fine on 32-bit Linux Mint 19.3. Linux Mint 19.3 is still supported.
Please, could you make an official 0.47 build for i386? As far as i can see Debian has managed to build 0.47 i386, so could have Ubuntu.
It's no time to ditch still capable hardware and there are still 32-bit OSes around.

Thank you for the release. :)
Maybe you could simply try to use debian's? I agree with you, let's not waste hardware: make it run sane OSes like debian instead :twisted:
AnyOldName3

Post by AnyOldName3 »

The Debian package will work on Mint unless Mint's broken something. It's Mint, so they've probably broken something, but it might be worth a try.