Xbox UI!

Feedback on past, current, and future development.

Do You Want This OPTIONAL Feature?

Yes!
68%
No!
32%

Total votes: 74

ezzetabi

Re: Xbox UI!

Post by ezzetabi »

I agree: this is a great community. And I am sorry I made your feel unwelcome. But... you posted a simple question, I gave a simple answer. There are no deeper meaning.
Tarius

Post by Tarius »

"We arnt a company so we can be assholes to whoever we want."
I like this. hahaha

Anyway, the real suggestion here should be to allow customization of the UI through modding.
sirherrbatka

Post by sirherrbatka »

This seems to be a very distant story...
"We arnt a company so we can be assholes to whoever we want."
I like this. hahaha
Pay me for smiling and looking pretty... :P
psi29a
Gitlab profile: https://gitlab.com/psi29a/

Post by psi29a »

Tarius wrote:"We arnt a company so we can be assholes to whoever we want."
I like this. hahaha

Anyway, the real suggestion here should be to allow customization of the UI through modding.
The real question is if it even necessary to begin. From what I gather, he/she/it just wants to not use the mouse. OK, cool... that can already be done with a gamepad that maps it's keys to the keyboard and it's analog/dpad to mouse/wasd respectively.

What is the real pain/barrier to entry and the need for such a mod to begin with if the tools to do so NOW already exist?
sirherrbatka

Post by sirherrbatka »

well, it's not that easy to move cursor over button with gamepad
xXShaddowTXx

Post by xXShaddowTXx »

Necrod wrote:Although it may seem to you bad, because of the first response. This is a great community.
As you have noticed, there is only one vote in favor of implementing Xbox UI, and there are infinite, and i mean INFINITE planned features for post 1.0 that have higher priority (you can browse through suggestions but not everything is there).

Btw, welcome and enjoy your stay. Try to be less criticizing about the stuff you don't have enough intel on :)
Finally a welcoming member. Thank you. :) I like you.
BrotherBrick wrote:Reading comprehension skills are more or less a requirement the world over:
xXShaddowTXx wrote:This will be open source correct?

Doesn't matter how you say it, (s)he'll still take it as a personal slight against them.
I said that the moment I found this project, before I read anything about it. Don't dig up anything you can to help in criticizing me, I can do the same to you if you wish.
BrotherBrick wrote:
Tarius wrote:"We arnt a company so we can be assholes to whoever we want."
I like this. hahaha

The real question is if it even necessary to begin. From what I gather, he/she/it just wants to not use the mouse. OK, cool... that can already be done with a gamepad that maps it's keys to the keyboard and it's analog/dpad to mouse/wasd respectively.

What is the real pain/barrier to entry and the need for such a mod to begin with if the tools to do so NOW already exist?
NOOOOO!!!!!!!!

That is exactly the OPPOSITE of what I want!! I already have that using Xpadder, I want REAL analog control! With mapping WASD to the left analog stick you push it slightly forward and it is just a keystroke meaning it is 1 as in ON so you go full speed! I want it to be barely = 0.1, and it goes up the harder you push the stick.
gus

Post by gus »

Hi,
That is exactly the OPPOSITE of what I want!! I already have that using Xpadder, I want REAL analog control! With mapping WASD to the left analog stick you push it slightly forward and it is just a keystroke meaning it is 1 as in ON so you go full speed! I want it to be barely = 0.1, and it goes up the harder you push the stick.
That kind of change should be easy, but i believe that most of the dev prefer mouse+keyboard, so if there is no strong community demand (or a dev who want to make the change), it won't be made.
But if you really want it, learn C++ and change it ;)
xXShaddowTXx

Post by xXShaddowTXx »

gus wrote:Hi,

That kind of change should be easy, but i believe that most of the dev prefer mouse+keyboard, so if there is no strong community demand (or a dev who want to make the change), it won't be made.
But if you really want it, learn C++ and change it ;)
Ha ha yes, I could indeed learn C++ then perhaps help out in the project. Trouble is, I've tried so many times but I have the tendency to just lose the motivation and want to do something else for some reason.. I do it all the time with everything! Learning Blender, learning Gimp/photoshop, learning HTML , etc.

It sucks.. it's a curse. >.> Anywho, maybe I'll try. I'm good at scripting and I pick up scripting languages quite fast so maybe C++ won't be as difficult as I imagine. It's just logic :P

Know of a good place to start? I'd like to contribute to the project as a whole once/if I learn it.
sirherrbatka

Post by sirherrbatka »

Currently all coding tasks are C++ related but you can try to help with finding out some morrowind math like moving speed. Okulo is on it already but there are many secrets to be documented. For example gathering documentation about nif format on our wiki can prevent pointless googling. If you can write about us on a blog it would be nice as well.

As for C++, GUI, maybe.
Necrod

Post by Necrod »

xXShaddowTXx wrote: I do it all the time with everything! Learning Blender, learning Gimp/photoshop, learning HTML , etc.

If you know some HTML maybe you know how to change the colors of the letters on bottom of the page (how many users are online etc.)?

http://i50.tinypic.com/35l6qld.png