Xbox UI!

Feedback on past, current, and future development.

Do You Want This OPTIONAL Feature?

Yes!
68%
No!
32%

Total votes: 74

psi29a
Gitlab profile: https://gitlab.com/psi29a/

Re: Xbox UI!

Post by psi29a »

xXShaddowTXx wrote:
sirherrbatka wrote:*un-brake my heart* :roll:

We are not company. We don't have to smile and pretend. OTOH we are open to contributors who want to help. At the moment xbox ui is just "no", but later someone can be allowed to make it work.
Yeah... great support team..

Maybe you guys could use a community manager.
Been awhile since I've seen a troll. sirherrbatka is the community manager. QQ elsewhere please.
xXShaddowTXx

Post by xXShaddowTXx »

BrotherBrick wrote:Been awhile since I've seen a troll. sirherrbatka is the community manager. QQ elsewhere please.
I'm not a troll, just to clear that up.

Sorry sirherrbatka, didn't realize you were a community manager. I was just saddened by the lack of emotion and.. joy.. in your responses. i didn't feel like you were welcoming to people's support of your project at all.

Kind of dropped the bar a little bit, but hopefully the project itself will finish up then my idea can be added.
psi29a

Post by psi29a »

xXShaddowTXx wrote:Kind of dropped the bar a little bit, but hopefully the project itself will finish up then my idea can be added.
Do not take this the wrong way, but you should come to the realization that your idea doesn't have enough traction with the community to be worthwhile to implement. Instead of flaming us for how sub-standard we are, you should try to point out why it would beneficial in the first place to have.

Post screenshots, do a comparison, do mock-ups... those are helpful and useful things.

Complaining that no one likes your idea does not help.
sirherrbatka

Post by sirherrbatka »

Sorry sirherrbatka, didn't realize you were a community manager.
Neither I. :roll:

BB explained this very well.
xXShaddowTXx

Post by xXShaddowTXx »

BrotherBrick wrote:
xXShaddowTXx wrote:Kind of dropped the bar a little bit, but hopefully the project itself will finish up then my idea can be added.
Do not take this the wrong way, but you should come to the realization that your idea doesn't have enough traction with the community to be worthwhile to implement. Instead of flaming us for how sub-standard we are, you should try to point out why it would beneficial in the first place to have.

Post screenshots, do a comparison, do mock-ups... those are helpful and useful things.

Complaining that no one likes your idea does not help.
I complained one time about the first poster's initial No and explained why.

The rest of it has been complaints about the lack of a welcoming feel the community manager presents, it just makes me feel un-welcome and eager to leave. To be honest, (s)he could use a little work on that.

I see what you are saying though, I assumed not having to use the mouse would be a big enough draw.. but okay. Maybe later though. Besides the poll is already ruined for no reason so there's no point.
ezzetabi

Post by ezzetabi »

Actually I wrote:
ezzetabi wrote:Nope. Maybe a long past 1.0 feature....
And sirherrbatka explained what I did not... What is the problem? It is already accepted that soon or later OpenMW will have its own mods, and that moment will the the moment where write a new UI that suits your tastes. Just like I want to write a level-up system.
psi29a

Post by psi29a »

Reading comprehension skills are more or less a requirement the world over:
xXShaddowTXx wrote:This will be open source correct?

Doesn't matter how you say it, (s)he'll still take it as a personal slight against them.
ezzetabi

Post by ezzetabi »

... sorry? But where that quote come from?
psi29a

Post by psi29a »

On the homepage, first comment of latest post. The answer to which is in the FAQ, wiki, forums and other places on the Internet.
Necrod

Post by Necrod »

Although it may seem to you bad, because of the first response. This is a great community.
As you have noticed, there is only one vote in favor of implementing Xbox UI, and there are infinite, and i mean INFINITE planned features for post 1.0 that have higher priority (you can browse through suggestions but not everything is there).

Btw, welcome and enjoy your stay. Try to be less criticizing about the stuff you don't have enough intel on :)