Port to handheld consoles like the RG350M

Feedback on past, current, and future development.
lysol

Port to handheld consoles like the RG350M

Post by lysol »

I have an RG350M, which kicks ass and lets me play Super Mario World like I'm 10 years old again.

The specs are... Okay. But considering that OpenMW runs on Raspberry Pi 3 (iirc?), maybe there is hope for a port to the RG350 too? I guess the hard parts would be to get the controller part working as it should and so on.

Just throwing the idea out there you know. ;)
AnyOldName3

Re: Port to handheld consoles like the RG350M

Post by AnyOldName3 »

It can't handle Nintendo 64 emulation, which I think modern Raspberry Pis can, so you might be pretty disappointed by the performance. That said, it supports GLES 2.0, which should be enough for GL4ES. I don't think there's anything too weird that we do that would stop us targeting a MIPS processor.
Sslaxx

Post by Sslaxx »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7Xg3sHJk3Y - might have more luck with a Retroid Pocket 2 (which is faster, and has more RAM).
lysol

Post by lysol »

I know, but that is Android-based, so I didn't want that one.

I could have gone with the RG351P, which is faster than the 350M, but the screen resolution of that was too disappointing for me.
lysol

Post by lysol »

If anyone is interested, a new guy called Gleb Mazovetskiy is currently working on getting OpenMW to build for batocera.linux, which will then work on a number of devices including the RG351P at least.