Spline Tools

Feedback on past, current, and future development.
Mistahtokyo

Spline Tools

Post by Mistahtokyo »

Posting this here in case I forget in the future since this would certainly be a long term hope. It would be nice to be able to use spline tools like a road spline. It would dramatically improve the workflow of anyone using meshes for curved roads (similar to how Skyrim and Fallout do it). Is it even possible to add at some point in the future or would there be some fundamental issue with how OpenMW works that would prevent it? Here is a video showing what I mean: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8WIWuybAKj4
CMAugust

Re: Spline Tools

Post by CMAugust »

I freaking love splines. This sort of thing I've wanted a long time for roads too. I believe this requires handling in engine and not just editor, but it would be so worth it.
Mistahtokyo

Post by Mistahtokyo »

Groups like TR and pretty much anyone working a lot with exteriors would seriously benefit from them.
CMAugust

Post by CMAugust »

The key to building massive open worlds in a timely fashion is to develop tools that can get you 90% of the way there; the artist/designer handles the last 10%. I think OpenMW will enable this sort of workflow more and more in the future.