Mud that looks like water?

Feedback on past, current, and future development.
martakule

Mud that looks like water?

Post by martakule »

Hello! I'm new, so please feel free to redirect me to any existing answers to this question. (I searched the forum for "mud" and "bog" - no luck.)

I've modded my game with OpenMW, and I have beautiful water straight from the engine. The mud pits/bogs, though, are a static green-brown texture. They make the slushing sound but look like solid ground.

In screenshots from modding with MGE XE I see mud pits that are water with leaves on top, like here: https://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mod ... =3&slide=0

I've been searching for mud/bog mods for days, but nothing comes up. Is that an engine feature? Does that come with MGE XE?

Thank you!
AnyOldName3

Re: Mud that looks like water?

Post by AnyOldName3 »

From the engine's perspective, those bogs are no different to any other object, like a fencepost or a tree. They're not flagged as water in any way, so they don't use the water shader. MGE XE might have special handling for them somehow, or that mod might be modifying them.
martakule

Post by martakule »

Thank you for the quick reply!

If anyone is aware of OpenMW mods that make bogs pretty, I would be obliged.
icecream95

Post by icecream95 »

Are you looking for something like this?

https://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/42582
martakule

Post by martakule »

OMG! Thank you!!!
"Scum", huh? That's why nothing came up for "bog" and "mud".
Thanks again! This is wonderful!
hokan

Post by hokan »

Was just working my way through Epic Plants to get better textures (and some meshes) for use with Graphic Herbalism MWSE - OpenMW.

One of the "plants" included is a scum texture (and required meshes) - look for 00 Bitter Coast – Scum in the Epic Plants - Modular download. This gives a more "muddy" overgrown look than most of the options in Scum Retexture.