Random Quest (post 1.0 scripting improvement)

Feedback on past, current, and future development.
ezzetabi

Random Quest (post 1.0 scripting improvement)

Post by ezzetabi »

One of the most fun features of Daggerfall was the fact that many quests had random elements.

For example to solve the classical ``Rescue an abducted princess'' you had to go in a dungeon you did not know in advance.

I think it is a simple and effective way to increase the durability of a game. Just think to factions quest: I would find more interesting if I had to go to different places each time I play (e.g. kill eggs poachers in XXX mine). Beside it should be somewhat easy to do with a proper scripting system.

What do you think?
sirherrbatka

Re: Random Quest (post 1.0 scripting improvement)

Post by sirherrbatka »

I like it. But with radiant quest. No time or urge to write something more on this subject right now :/
ezzetabi

Post by ezzetabi »

radiant quest? what is that? The quest system of Skyrim? What is about for Morrowind?
sirherrbatka

Post by sirherrbatka »

Yes, like in skyrim.

First off I would prefer to put this quests on random npc's and not only on guild guys. Accomplishing this quests can help to "nest" player in the game world. If player accomplished a quest that involved stealing any item, why not send assassin after him?

And if that would depend if you was actually seen... that would be awesome. If killing every character could trigger future events like act of vengeance, create new npc's like husbands etc. If there would be some connections between npcs, not to be seen before doing something...

Well, tat would be incredibly.
Tarius

Post by Tarius »

And in incredably complicated.

I would be all for this, but making it from scratch would be a project in itself.