Combat music interrupting regular music on high levels

Feedback on past, current, and future development.
gabrielpf3

Combat music interrupting regular music on high levels

Post by gabrielpf3 »

I'm not sure if this could be considered a bug in the original game, but it was definitely one of the things I hated the most.
There he was, my lvl 40 character casually walking around in the woods, going to the next town, enjoying Morrowind's beautiful soundtrack, when a nearby Kwama Forager or maybe a Mudcrab decides it would be a good idea to attack him, and at that moment Call of Magic stops playing at the best part and the combat music starts. Feeling annoyed, the Nerevarine grabs the Mace of Aevar Stone-Singer and finishes the enemy in the blink of an eye. After that, Call of Magic starts playing again, but from the beginning, or maybe an entirely different song begins to play, essentially ruining the mood and immersion. I absolutely despise that.

So what I'm asking is, would it be possible to implement something that resembles the way Skyrim treats music? As in, if an enemy that's very low level and isn't a threat to the player at all tries to attack, the music that's currently playing doesn't just suddenly stop? I think "Morrowind Acoustic Overhaul" does that, but it also replaces almost every sound in Morrowind with sounds ripped directly from Skyrim and adds a bunch of things I don't like. I'm not sure if that's within the scope of things you guys try to change with OpenMW, but I don't think anyone would oppose such a feature, really. What do you think?