take/transfer item and arrow enchantments

Feedback on past, current, and future development.
greetasdf

take/transfer item and arrow enchantments

Post by greetasdf » 27 Aug 2016, 20:05

two suggestions
  1. implement an minecraft-analogue item selection with shift-click to select the whole stack of items (e.g. dropping items/selling items). This enables to skip the annoying 'how many items' dialogue.
  2. add a dialogue to enchant multiple arrows instead of just a single one
other: NPCs have troubles with ropes (fences with ropes and fenceposts), they will usually just infinetly run against them, but I guess it's more a bug than a suggestion (and may go into the problem of general pathfinding) :roll:

feedback welcome, cheers

Chris

Re: take/transfer item and arrow enchantments

Post by Chris » 28 Aug 2016, 05:31

greetasdf wrote:implement an minecraft-analogue item selection with shift-click to select the whole stack of items (e.g. dropping items/selling items). This enables to skip the annoying 'how many items' dialogue.
Isn't that there already? Shift-click to take a whole stack, ctrl-click to take a single item from a stack.

What I'd like to see is an option to reverse the click/shift-click behavior. Make a normal click grab a whole stack, while shift-click brings up a dialog asking how many. Having the ability to right-click and bring up a menu to pick "take all, take one, take some" could be a nice feature too.

Atahualpa

Post by Atahualpa » 28 Aug 2016, 21:40

greetasdf wrote:
  1. implement an minecraft-analogue item selection with shift-click to select the whole stack of items (e.g. dropping items/selling items). This enables to skip the annoying 'how many items' dialogue.
other: NPCs have troubles with ropes (fences with ropes and fenceposts), they will usually just infinetly run against them, but I guess it's more a bug than a suggestion (and may go into the problem of general pathfinding) :roll:

feedback welcome, cheers
  1. Like Chris said:
    LMB = item count dialogue
    Shift+LMB = whole stack
    Ctrl+LMB = one item
    But a reverse function would be nice indeed.
  2. IIRC, this was an issue with vanilla Morrowind too, so this one would be post-1.0. I don't know how unbalanced this change would be but I guess it could be directly integrated into the engine. Maybe you could just add this to the "openmw-future" list at our bug tracker?

greetasdf

Post by greetasdf » 31 Aug 2016, 19:42

Atahualpa wrote:
greetasdf wrote:

feedback welcome, cheers
  1. Like Chris said:
    LMB = item count dialogue
    Shift+LMB = whole stack
    Ctrl+LMB = one item
    But a reverse function would be nice indeed.
  2. IIRC, this was an issue with vanilla Morrowind too, so this one would be post-1.0. I don't know how unbalanced this change would be but I guess it could be directly integrated into the engine. Maybe you could just add this to the "openmw-future" list at our bug tracker?
reverse function: agreed!
arrows: posted openmw-futre feature request