Variable amount of gold to barter for merchants

Feedback on past, current, and future development.
Zobator

Variable amount of gold to barter for merchants

Post by Zobator »

I saw a MWSE mod floating around the internet that made the amount of gold any merchant had to offer vary from day to day, instead of a fixed amount restocked every time. Varying from nearly no gold at all up to more than double their standard amount.
http://www.fliggerty.com/phpBB3/viewtop ... =19&t=1102

Since not implemented in vanilla, this is definitely a post-1.0 feature. nevertheless, this would add additional realism to the gameplay and would probably not take too much changes in coding I imagine? I'm not familiar with C++ though, so I might be mistaken.
I'd also think this would be much more stable to get this result from the engine itself compared to doing this with 3rd party scripts...

Any thoughts?
ezze

Re: Variable amount of gold to barter for merchants

Post by ezze »

I do not know the current situation, but I guess it should not be too difficult to change the gold amount from fixed to a more general function of the current hour.
Zobator wrote:I'd also think this would be much more stable to get this result from the engine itself compared to doing this with 3rd party scripts...
Sorry, what do you mean?
MithrilLeaf

Post by MithrilLeaf »

I think it would be a really awesome and immersive change if they progressively got more gold if you consistently sold them things at a really good deal. So for less money you could have a merchant that would be able to buy more of your stuff at once.
Zobator

Post by Zobator »

ezze wrote:
Zobator wrote:I'd also think this would be much more stable to get this result from the engine itself compared to doing this with 3rd party scripts...
Sorry, what do you mean?
I mean it would cause less issues if this was done through the engine itself rather than running a MWSE-script each time the PC enters a cell...
Zobator

Post by Zobator »

So... Would this be worthy of adding to the roadmap tracker?
Atahualpa

Post by Atahualpa »

Why not just give it a try? Sign up at our bug tracker and file an issue "De-hardcode barter gold amount property to be more flexible" (or something like that), make it a feature - and don't forget to set the "Target version" to openmw-future. If the developers don't like it they will eventually tell you (by rejecting the issue).
Zobator

Post by Zobator »

Done!